Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well ive had my GT (JTD) for a fortnight now and just got back from my best run in it ever.

The day started at 0530hrs and after a dark and miserable trip over the Penines to St Helens, we (as in me and the better half) dropped it off with a certain Mr Gus at 8 for a re-map and EGR disable.

When it was finished, he graciously picked us up from town (a proper rainy day it was) and treated us to a brief demo :wow: on the fruits of his skills on the way back to the workshop so we could settle up.

Well the drive home was certainly more lively than the one over there as the throttle response is now something else with a computer alleged increase of 6mpg (coming back via the M6 so i could use the A685 - A66 for the last bits or should that be the best bits) and all i can say is i am a very happy man and from all my reading from this site believe that i made the right choice.

I dont want to get into the "my tuner is better than yours" debate that i have seen either but i will say this to anyone thinking of having any tuning work done, you do indeed get what you pay for and Gus is not only a tuning wizard who can keep the techno speak to a minimum so helping the decision making process of what you actually want but is also a true gentleman who certainly doesnt tout for what he believes to be unnessary work, in fact just the opposite (Sorry Gus but for me the EGR just had to go as the idea of dirty air going into a manifold just doesnt sit right with me) but also gives sound advice on servicing and the like.

I generally get withdrawal symptoms from my Fireblade over the winter but me thinks that this one might just be different so a big thanks to Gus and of course the forum.:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Another thumbs up for Gus from me too. :thumbs:

I had a 'cheap' map before hand, felt a proper mug after having the Gus treatment! Difference was unbelievable. :cool:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I currently reside in Darlington but dont really want to put the charges on here as the best man to answer that question would be Gus but for me, i believe i got good value as i have complete confidence and peace of mind in what he has done.

As for bhp gains.....i have no idea what is was before so heaven knows what it is now and as i drive on tarmac roads not the rolling variety, i have no interest in charts or their percieved bragging rights (i once treated them like the Holy Grail until i ended up with a bike that had an awesome printout that had become a complete animal and virtually unrideable on the roads) so for me, performance is measured in what happens when the throttle is opened and how much of a smile it brings to your face:).

It does feel good tho and brought big smilies to my face with the additon of an extra 6 mpg (according to the ships log whilst being driven harder) but i guess time will tell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts