Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Administrator
23,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can understand the premise that wishing people Happy Birthday is a good "corporate" thing in theory ....... but when it is done through "Admin Helper" I think it negates any real sentiment. It is so obviously a computer generated thing and what AO normally does so well is the personal touch.

I think that we should stop it - anyone else agree?

Paul.

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
I totally agree Paul - have been thinking it myself for the last week or so.

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
Agree its not a "personal" touch imho:rolleyes:

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
I'm with Paul on this one too.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Finish it! Birthdays suck anyway! Come to mention it so does Christmas BAARRRR HUMBUG!!:lol:

·
Registered
13,001 Posts

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
Aren't we a sensitive bunch?!? :lol:
Sensitivity has nothing to do with it:cheese:

Age before beauty BF:cheese:

You first:D

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
Can I say that I don't particularly like the new automated Happy Birthday [HB] feature too.

Reasons, my own sensative or is that sensible?:-

• Listing several members happy birthdays in a single thread seems a bit too impersonal and artificial.
  • Not all who are listed in the Birthday panel bother to post or look in WOT, therefore 8/10 cats members or even more don't post in WOT and therefore don't see the automated HB thread or wishes, let alone mostly strangers wishing them therein.
  • Often creates clutter of "unknown" HB threads.
  • We already get a nice happy birthday message in email form anyway.
  • It's nice to see someone real actually go to the bother of starting a thread.
  • It's also nice to see someone complain that no-one started a HB thread, mostly due to the fact they hide it, in options - it's almost traditional here now.
  • If it's not broke, why try and fix it?
  • An individual might want to personalise a message to a single individual but in a multi birthday thread that becomes difficult let alone awkward.
  • For the above reason, I don't post in automated HB threads because I like to personalise rather than wish the whole world a HB every day.

I could go on, but that's enough from me for now.

Sorry, but IMHO, it's rubbish, let's go back to what it was.

Or stick up a HB Panel thread such the techies/others outside WOT get to see the HB thread so they can wish and receive these HB wishes. Not a preferred option, but why subject WOT to "all" HB automated threads?

·
Registered
43,564 Posts

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,411 Posts
What He Said !! :D
:thumbs: Just as Kurzon and Nomes said, a multi person Birthday Thread just doesn't work.

Mind you on the old system if no one Posted for you would it make you feel, sad , unwanted, unappreciated and unloved ??? ( Feel free to add any more " Un's as required. ) :cheese:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts