Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
afternoon all,

just wonderin it anybody could give me a clue....

I have had my '54 GT about 6 months now and loving it! I've recently discovered there is currently a bluetooth handsfree kit fitted that comes up on my bluetooth search as a Nokia CK-7W. I can connect to the sytem and it rings and allows me to ring out through the system and a can hear the person on the other end, however they can't hear me!

I have no literature in the stuff I got from the dealer and there is no evidence of the system other than a lil speaker in the long thin tray next to the gear stick and a menu in the radio that says phone but has no sub-menus!

Is this a factory fit system or is it a retro fit by the previous owner?

Im posting in the hope that somebody else has this system and can offer me some advice, even if it is to get rid and start again wiv another system.

Cheers comrades

N

·
0 Posts
Check the microphone is plugged in to the unit itself.

BTW you don't need the external speaker, you
can connect the audio from the Nokia unit directly to the
TEL+/TEL- inputs on the back of the stereo and
by hooking up the TEL MUTE line also, it'll allows the audio
to come out your stereo speakers, pausing your music.
You can then adjust the volume using the steering wheel
controls and the initial PHONE volume setting in the menu.

Should work a treat, so long as you can find where they've hidden
the unit and the microphone.

;)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Sounds like an aftermarket kit to me mate - i'm not aware of any other phonekit factory fitted to the GT than the connect+ setup.
The phone menu on the radio only controls the default volume of the line-in feed through the cars speakers, on later models it's renamed from "phone" to "external".

my advice would be to do a google search for the model and see if you can get a manual, i did a quick search and got the installation manual at here

http://nds1.nokia.com/phones/files/guides/Nokia_CK-7W_UG_en.pdf

which may help.

If you don't have any succes - i can highly recommend the parrot CK3100 - i have this setup and it's great.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
The mic in the thin long tray as you put it is not for a phone kit its for the Bose stereo in GTs of that year, you need to find teh kit mic, normally in the door pillar rubber or popping out through the roof by the interior light.

If you can't see a mic then you need to follow the phone kit mute cable from the back of the headunit to the phone kit and then trace the mic from there.

Another thing to check is if you have a mic level on your phone, if its windows based then its rubbish and probably needs tweaked.

·
Registered
216 Posts
The mic in the thin long tray as you put it is not for a phone kit its for the Bose stereo in GTs of that yearQUOTE]

Good point - that black box, mic looking thing in the tray is to detect the noise in the cabin and adjust the radio volume accordingly on earlier models. The mic for your car kit should look like the one in the installation manual i put the link to above - also, can you find the small round remote control unit with Nokia written on it anywhere? This has buttons for mute, phone answering, etc.. and may hold the answers you are looking for (mic volume, mute button for example).

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Great CK3100 in the ashtray of our GT. Do a search and you'll find the pics;)

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
I've recently discovered there is currently a bluetooth handsfree kit fitted that comes up on my bluetooth search as a Nokia CK-7W. I can connect to the sytem and it rings and allows me to ring out through the system and a can hear the person on the other end, however they can't hear me!
is the headunit an original factory model? i'm just confirming that it's not an aftermarket one with BT inbuilt.

as explained, the BT will be aftermarket, so you should search the car (eg: under the dash) to determine what model and what connections exist.

:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks everybody,

ill be going home to rummage around looking for all the necessary bits this evening. I'll let you know how I get on.

thanks again

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hi people,

I have had a good luck round and I cant see anything! I have had a look for all the bits that can be seen in the manual for the type of kit that the BT connection says it is and I cant see any of it! Im going to have to take the head unit out but am slightly nervous as im not technical at all!

shinycar - as far as i can see and as far as im aware it is a standard factory fitted head unit.

N

·
0 Posts
The kit is probably behind a panel between
the footwell on the passsenger side, or under
the glove box.

Just follow the lead from the Nokia speaker.

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
removing the headunit is probably best, to find the new wiring and follow it back to the BT module. but yes, you kinda need to know what to look for, and how to take things out and apart (though not difficult).

:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts