Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is in the correct section, but please move it if not.

You will see I’m new to the forum, but I’m trying to see if anyone is interested in my bespoke car themed furniture (web link below). As a complete car-nut I’m looking into the possibility of starting new business doing something I will enjoy, and that is producing hand-made bespoke pieces of car-furniture for other car enthusiasts. The website has pictures of the few examples I’ve already done, but I want to expand my portfolio. If you or you know someone who might be interested, please get in touch through the website. It doesn’t matter how large or small you may be thinking. The prices do depend on exactly what is involved but I will keep the prices as low as possible as I really need to build up my portfolio.

Car Furniture

Please also feel free to let me have your feed-back.

Thanks,
Lee

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,709 Posts
you've got a good business there mate, and an excellent approach to personal service. Good luck with your venture! :) Are you going to be at any car shows, showing your work?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Interesting stuff, not sure the missus would approve but that sort of thing would look superb in a car showroom waiting area I reckons! :cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the kind comments guys.

Not sure about the car shows yet. It would be nice, but not sure about the costs are involved or how much time it will take up. But it is definetly something to look into.

I will definetly be onto car showrooms but I'd thought I'd get onto the forums first and get some feedback and opinions first.

thanks again.

·
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
3,202 Posts
Great idea. I love 2 of the tables you have just computer rendering pictures.

But I have one comment though, stop using BMW and Audi wheels and try Alfa wheels. They have much more original design. Alfa 147 biohazards, GTA teledials, 159 horseshoes would suit a modern design interior more than the common BMW designs :)

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Great idea. I love 2 of the tables you have just computer rendering pictures.

But I have one comment though, stop using BMW and Audi wheels and try Alfa wheels. They have much more original design. Alfa 147 biohazards, GTA teledials, 159 horseshoes would suit a modern design interior more than the common BMW designs :)
Especially since he is advertising on Alfa forums :-D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol gotcha & rob3rto, I must admit that my first love has and probably always will be cars of german origin. That is purely because my first car was given to me when I passed my test. It was a mk1 golf. But that doesn't mean I'm one of these people who can't look at any other brands. Although I've never owned one I've always liked the styling of alfa's ever since they broke into touring cars in the mid/late 90's. A couple of my mates have 156's. My boss has had alfa's for as long as I've known him. The wheels I've used are just what I managed to get hold of at the time of putting the pieces together. The beauty of doing this is everyone appreciates things differently and has different likes and dislikes.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I have to admit I've always been one for sculpture, when I lived in York many years ago someone was getting into the nuts and bolts and producing furniture/ornaments from them. Mostly scrap yard finds, but not necessarily high end cars, just shapes he found interesting and how they'd broken.

My only constructive criticism is that your gallery is possibly too perfect and polished - who was it on here who made sculpture from failed valves that looked like fungi? Probably more of a talking point and more interesting than pristine parts. There's more of a story to go with it than 'it came off the end of a production line and we made this out of it'..

Just to illustrate the point - a personal favourite of mine locally: -

Just my humble opinion.

Bry

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
I'd buy a 159 horseshoe table...very nice :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts