Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Front end of my 2.0TS just doesn't feel just right.

Jobs done:

New wish bones
New drop link off side
New Tyres
New Pads and Discs
Tracked

Garage has checked rack and all other bushes, no evident play. Shocks and springs appear to be ok. Car is on just under 60k miles

Car tramlines a fair bit, and vibration is evident at speed and under braking from speed. Not terrible just noticable.

Any ideas what it might be?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Could it be the rear end. The front end doesn't go anywhere on its own, and with multilink rear the dynamics aren't too simple. Plus there's a wealth of experience with the rear ends on GTVs.
Just got my powerflex bushes so will fit these this weekend.:)

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Front end of my 2.0TS just doesn't feel just right.

Jobs done:

New wish bones
New drop link off side
New Tyres
New Pads and Discs
Tracked

Garage has checked rack and all other bushes, no evident play. Shocks and springs appear to be ok. Car is on just under 60k miles

Car tramlines a fair bit, and vibration is evident at speed and under braking from speed. Not terrible just noticable.

Any ideas what it might be?
Was it different before? have you driven GTVs before as well so you know what they should be like ?

Firstly the GTV Tramlines alot anyway depending on how hard your shocks are and how hard your tyre pressures are.

Vibration at speed could be a few things mainly its warped wheels or tyres. Do you know the history of the wheels? The tyre people that replaced your tyres should be able to tell you if your wheels are buckled or not. My car vibrates very slightly at about 140ks but thats because my tyres are warped from the previous owner.

Vibration under braking is usually warped disks. That happened on my car. I had the disks and pads replaced but it still vibrated afterwards. I then discovered that the New Replacement Disk was warped from new !! They were warped from the factory (It wasnt OEM) so I got them replaced again under warranty and its ok now. But I had to go to a different mechanic to prove they were warped as the first mecanic said there was nothing wrong with them.

So theres some possibilites to start with :thumbs:

R

·
0 Posts
Agree with all the above posts. Re tramlining, what wheels/tyres have you got?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wheels are standard 16inch

Back end of the car has been done. Shocks polybushed in last few months.

Tyres and discs are new but I'll get them checked

·
Registered
569 Posts
Yeh as just said above. Get full alignment done. You'd be suprised wat little tweaks can make such a difference. Should cost around 50 quid.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
I still think your wheels could be buckled. Get the tyre people to have a look. Sometimes they dont check these things. Get it all done at the same time with your wheel alignment. Also make sure the wheel alignment / tracking place is a reputable place. Sometimes there own measurements can be out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts