Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the throes of replacing both front door handles on my 147. A couple of weeks ago the front pivot on the driver's door broke, but the handle still opened the door - untill Mrs P came in with said handle in her mit. Of to my local indie to book it in or replacement, only to find there was a lead time of a fortnight.

Anyway, a week later the same thing happened to the passenger handle. Front pivot casting sheered; looking as though the steel pin had reacted with the alloy and seized. Back to the indie for a replacement. The strange thing - driver's handle £86 + VAT, passenger £127 + VAT. I don't understand the price difference, as there is no lock on the passenger one I would have thought that the driver' handle would be the dearer one. True to the their word the indie called to keep me posted, but that they only had the passenger handle and the driver's one was on back order.

I now have to open the door with a jury rigged webbing strap via the back door, assuning that I have remembered to attach it before closing the door, otherwise it's a stretch from the back or passenger's side.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha! Should have come here before booking in. I'll pass this site on to my garage and hopefully save others a bit of cash. Thanks for the link.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts