Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the time has come to part with my mito. I have made it to the halfway point in my pcp deal and I'm going to hand the mito back to FGA. Has anyone had any experience of this good or bad?

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
no, but it is something i am looking at doing soon with my Punto.

by the way. The halfway mark means when half the finance amount has been repaid, not when you are 24 months into the 48 month period. In the case of my Fiat, this halfway mark didn't come untill month 38 of 48.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was thinking about doing a voluntary termination, but I've heard it leaves a mark against your credit record which could go against you for future lease deals.

I would be interested in how you get on, as I'm only keeping my car due to its negative equity and will hand it back in October after the 3 years.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I was thinking about doing a voluntary termination, but I've heard it leaves a mark against your credit record which could go against you for future lease deals.

I would be interested in how you get on, as I'm only keeping my car due to its negative equity and will hand it back in October after the 3 years.
Absolutley not!....I am literally this week sending the form back for volentary termination,
I have spoke to FGA (alfa finance) and they say as long as you have paid at least half of the finance and it is in good order and the mileage is as specified in your agreement, it is classed as a debt settled. so there will be no marks on your credit score.
Mine will be back with them by xmas.

·
Registered
207 Posts
unfortunetly yes....but I need a bigger motor now!..I have had a good few years few the Mito..but its not really getting used much now as we all cant squeeze in.

so goodbye to my Mito.

·
Registered
41,387 Posts
the guilieta is a bit bigger, no more seats tho i dont think.

There are still decent 159s around? obviously not new

Alfa do need to hurry up and launch some new cars now tho, they are starting to loose loyal customers let alone standard ones.

·
Registered
207 Posts
indeed.....I need a SUV style motor now....so the little Mito is no good...the Guilieta is nice, but still has a smallish boot for a family of 4 and a dog, and the 159s are just far to old!...
so I am afraid they will be losing me.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Absolutley not!....I am literally this week sending the form back for volentary termination,
I have spoke to FGA (alfa finance) and they say as long as you have paid at least half of the finance and it is in good order and the mileage is as specified in your agreement, it is classed as a debt settled. so there will be no marks on your credit score.
Mine will be back with them by xmas.
Thanks for this, I assume you can arrange date for handing the car back, as a new car will take around 12 weeks to be delivered and I don't want to be without a car.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thanks for this, I assume you can arrange date for handing the car back, as a new car will take around 12 weeks to be delivered and I don't want to be without a car.
not really....once you have phone up and asked for the volentary termination forms, they give you 15 days to sent the letter back from the date you requested, once they have the forms they will then write to to confirm that you have 7-10 days to return the car to a specified destination or its collected by one of there people....try and do it before your next payment comes out the bank.

ie..
I phoned on the 20th november
letter has to be in there hands by 5th december (15 days from letter)
they confirm in writing that i have 7-10 days to return (so say 15th december)
my next payment was due on the 19th...(so dont need to pay it)

·
Registered
50 Posts
not really....once you have phone up and asked for the volentary termination forms, they give you 15 days to sent the letter back from the date you requested, once they have the forms they will then write to to confirm that you have 7-10 days to return the car to a specified destination or its collected by one of there people....try and do it before your next payment comes out the bank.

ie..
Thanks, that does not give you much time to order a new car.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thanks, that does not give you much time to order a new car.
do what I did....order the new car...pay the deposit etc.....and then do the termination process and hand the other car back about a week before the new one arrives, or even as the other car is due.....you don't have to get rid of the 1st car before you order a new one.

·
Registered
33,751 Posts
Their person will then check for anything beyond normal wear and tear , then deduct the repair cost from the agreed value ?
Scuffed alloys etc

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I'm at that point with the finance. Considering the news that Alfa are going to stop making the Mito and Giulietta in 2015 I'm pretty much having to look away from Alfa. Went and test drove a BMW M135i (don't hate me) and loved it! I've owned 2 Alfa's in the past 5 years and have loved them but I'm looking to try something different now. No doubt I will continue waving at all the other Alfa's and get strange looks!:cheese:

·
Registered
50 Posts

ie..
do what I did....order the new car...pay the deposit etc.....and then do the termination process and hand the other car back about a week before the new one arrives, or even as the other car is due.....you don't have to get rid of the 1st car before you order a new one.
I'll contact a few dealers a see what type of deal I can get for a new car.

·
Registered
41,387 Posts
Yeah I'm at that point with the finance. Considering the news that Alfa are going to stop making the Mito and Giulietta in 2015 I'm pretty much having to look away from Alfa. Went and test drove a BMW M135i (don't hate me) and loved it! I've owned 2 Alfa's in the past 5 years and have loved them but I'm looking to try something different now. No doubt I will continue waving at all the other Alfa's and get strange looks!:cheese:
What cars will they have then if they are stopping those 2, the talk is that the 4C is the only real car to be launched next year and then 2015 will be the next but they dont no what yet.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks to the advice on this thread, I'm in the process voluntary terminating my contract, I have a new car on order which hopefully will be ready at the end of the year.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts