Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Are you Right or Left handed?

• Total voters
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
1,421 Posts
Alfagirl said:
Altough I voted Right ... it doesn't mean that only Right ... I can use my left hand quit good actually :)
Thats what Pasi says too ;) :p

I can use both my hands equally well for *certain* applications aprat form tpying :eek:

·
Banned
1,421 Posts
bazza said:
Yep. In Afganistan (I think) it's seen as terrible manners to use your left hand at all when eating, the reason being that is the hand you would wipe your bum with. I don't think Charmin has quite made it to the more out of the way sections of the country.
Method of toilet going:
Find river
Crap in river
Use left hand to clean bum
Wash left hand in river

I seem to remember there's some sort of greeting (similar to shaking hands) which it is a grave insult to do with your left hand too, for obvious reasons.
Yeah these people actuall wipe their arse with their fingers not with toilet paper....... so would you want to shake their left

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I'm the same as Wrinxy. Write and clean teeth with left but everything (I think) else with my right.

I used to peel potatoes with my left. It was always a good excuse until my mother bought me a left handed potato peeler. Now I can only do it with my right hand. Weird? :confused:

Buck

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
kurzon said:
Re: Eating. I once heard that in some cultures, people eat with the opposing hand they wipe their butts with :confused: This is not a joke. Has anyone else heard this or was someone having me on :confused:
You shake hands with your right hand for this reason. Like you say the left hand is used for wiping your butt.

I was at an Arabic wedding last year with my sons and had to keep telling them to only handle food with their right hand - they weren't too impressed when I told them why :lol:

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Black Beauty said:
Yeah these people actuall wipe their arse with their fingers not with toilet paper....... so would you want to shake their left
This is a very common method in many countries.

Here every toilet has a 'bum squirter' ( a hose with a nozel on the end for washing your bum) OR a small bucket - you then dry your arse with the toilet paper - when done correctly there is no need to 'use your fingers' :lol:

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Buck Bundy said:
Now I can only do it with my right hand. Weird? :confused:
Cause and effect my friend, cause and effect... ;)

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Right handed here !! :)

·
Super Moderator
23,001 Posts
Left handed.
Eat with fork in left hand
Fire a rifle or gun aiming with right eye.
Tennis, cricket - left hand held racket or bat (it was many years ago).
Painting (decorating) - either hand which is very useful when painting window frames.
Although I write with my left hand if I use my right my handwriting is neater (but much slower).
Flying (glider) you have to use your right hand on the joystick but this seems to me the correct way.

Paul.

·
Banned
7,679 Posts
I am weird, as I need my left hand for skill, such as writing or eating...etc..for power such as throwing a punch I need my right, or tennis, cricket...etc

However it is reversed for my legs....power on the left skill on the right...

So for football I would pass with my right, or left...but for a tricky pass would always use my right, or for penalties....but for just giving the ball a smack I would always use my left....

:confused: :confused:

The brain is a strange thing...:D

Chris

21 - 32 of 32 Posts