Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Are you Right or Left handed?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you Right or Left handed? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

->> Init_profiling();

;)

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Altough I voted Right ... it doesn't mean that only Right ... I can use my left hand quit good actually :)

·
Super Moderator
44,913 Posts
Right. But I eat left-handed.

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
Today's Not Very Interesting Fact:

Although my brother is left-handed, he was taught from a very early age to use his right hand when using chopsticks. This is apparently an old tradition that prevents chopstick "sword fights" at a crowded banquet table. This is now so ingrained that he cannot use chopsticks in his left hand, even though he uses his left hand for pretty much everything else.

Normal service has now been resumed......

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bazza said:
In which hand is the fork then? :confused:

E

·
0 Posts
bazza said:
Same as you bazza, right handed but eat left. Thought it was a bit odd at first but know a few people now that eat left handed.

·
Super Moderator
44,913 Posts
I have a possible explanation though (although it may be rubbish)
Both my parents are left-handed, so I grew up seeing people eat left-handed and just copied that. Nowadays I can (and do) eat either way, and frequently get mixed up as to which way is right.
To answer your question Pasi (but bear in mind what I just said about getting mixed up) your knife should be in your stronger hand. So if I'm eating right-handed, the fork is in my left, knife in my right.

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
Im a bit od, but most of you knew that anyway,

I am left handed for writing etc,

But with sports, I play cricket and golf as I right hander, but for bowling a cricket ball I would bowl left handed.

For bowling a bowling ball at the superbowl I bowl right handed, (man thats a lot of bowls)

Strange..... :confused:

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Jamie and the magic torch said:
Although Righthanded, I prefer to use my lefthand for one particular activity...................commonly known as "The Stranger"
Duuuuuuuude, just after having my lunch. :rolleyes: :tut: ;)

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bazza said:
I have a possible explanation though (although it may be rubbish)
Both my parents are left-handed, so I grew up seeing people eat left-handed and just copied that. Nowadays I can (and do) eat either way, and frequently get mixed up as to which way is right.
To answer your question Pasi (but bear in mind what I just said about getting mixed up) your knife should be in your stronger hand. So if I'm eating right-handed, the fork is in my left, knife in my right.
hmmm.. Then I eat the same way :D

Just can't navigate that fork to me mouth with lefty :eek:

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
Re: Eating. I once heard that in some cultures, people eat with the opposing hand they wipe their butts with :confused: This is not a joke. Has anyone else heard this or was someone having me on :confused:

·
Super Moderator
44,913 Posts
Yep. In Afganistan (I think) it's seen as terrible manners to use your left hand at all when eating, the reason being that is the hand you would wipe your bum with. I don't think Charmin has quite made it to the more out of the way sections of the country.
Method of toilet going:
Find river
Crap in river
Use left hand to clean bum
Wash left hand in river

I seem to remember there's some sort of greeting (similar to shaking hands) which it is a grave insult to do with your left hand too, for obvious reasons.

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
I use both hands for quite a few things. But I guess Im right handed by default.
:D

W

·
0 Posts
AlfaJack said:

But with sports, I play cricket and golf as I right hander, :
Same here...left handed, but I do everything right handed except for writing and cleaning my teeth (bizarrely!)

Wierdest yet is that I play the drums right handed which has got to be one of the most challenging tasks for co-ordination. Work that one out :confused:

wrinx

·
Super Moderator
44,913 Posts
What a coincidence. The only left-hander has a left handed car too.
(And yes, I know loads of you Johnny foreigners have left handed cars too :p ;) )

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
AlfaJack said:

But with sports, I play cricket and golf as I right hander, but for bowling a cricket ball I would bowl left handed.

For bowling a bowling ball at the superbowl I bowl right handed, (man thats a lot of bowls)

Strange..... :confused:

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. ;) :D

I'm right handed, but...
a) I shoot left in hockey
b) I putt both right and left (it depends on the distance) but I prefer to drive left handed (note this is on driving ranges and mini-golf courses, since I don't actually golf ;) :D )
c) I can switch hit when up to bat (while playing baseball) -- although since I'm badly out of practice my left hitting isn't much to brag about these days

1 - 20 of 32 Posts