Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when I release the handbrake the levers on the calipers are not returning all the way back and need to be pushed back manually that last half inch ( wheels off). The cables are not stiff so it appears to be the caliper. The handbrake has no tension against it as a result during the first part of engagement and the pads seem to be rubbing the disks all the time. Is there an easy quick sulution?.

cheers

Jim

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Jim ,
Might be the sliders on your calipers that are sticking. Try and see if the calipers are releasing after using the brake pedal instead of the handbrake. If that part is fine only other thing i can think of is may be you have got weak return springs on the calipers or the levers may just need abit of oil to free them up and return easier. :cool:

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this problem turned out to be a stiff handbrake cable. Little boots at end were letting water and muck in. Wd40 and some grease solved the problem. Car has just passed the NCT(MOT). I noticed taht the rubber ring around the piston in the rear caliper has a tear in it . Is it easy to replace. have changed the plugs (Thanks JackJPW) air and oil filters, brakepads. Is there a fuel filter somewhere while I still in the mood

thanks

Jim

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah there is a fuel filter. It is above a black plastic flap which you have to undo to gain access to the fuel filter. You will find it next to the rear right hand side jacking point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts