Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
we have the Vax one, it's excellent.

Initial charge is 24 hours and it lasts for about 45 mins, as it gets towards the end it is a bit feeble but i only ever use it as a way of mopping up the small bits, if it is really bad i will get the hoover out

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we have the Vax one, it's excellent.

Initial charge is 24 hours and it lasts for about 45 mins, as it gets towards the end it is a bit feeble but i only ever use it as a way of mopping up the small bits, if it is really bad i will get the hoover out
Thanks Jay, is the one you speak of this one...

Vax Hand Held Cleaner

45 mins should do the trick, thats plenty! So does it charge via the wall socket or through your cigarette lighter socket?

The reason I was asking as it would be a lot easier then getting the Hoover out every time! But if it does what you say its defiantly worth the cash. How do you find the attachments for cleaning every nook and cranny!

M

·
0 Posts
never ever found a hand held any good...extension cable and our henry usually does the trick

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a Black & Decker 3.6v Dustbuster which is wet & dry and cost about £20. I have to say, the fact that you have to charge it for approx 16-24 hours for 8 mins is pretty lame and the dyson for cars only lasts 5 mins although i think it'll charge alot quicker. I'd stick with the proper Dyson.
Thanks for eliminating all them as I had heard of them and was going to look into getting them! Not anymore, 8 mins is very poor indeed! And 5 mins from the Dyson is even poorer from such and innoventive brand! :tut:

J

·
0 Posts
Thanks Jay, is the one you speak of this one...

Vax Hand Held Cleaner

45 mins should do the trick, thats plenty! So does it charge via the wall socket or through your cigarette lighter socket?

The reason I was asking as it would be a lot easier then getting the Hoover out every time! But if it does what you say its defiantly worth the cash. How do you find the attachments for cleaning every nook and cranny!
that's the fella :thumbs:

the attachments are pretty good and they get into most of the places i want them to go...

when i first get a new used car i give it a really good clean out, and that is done with a normal hoover, from there keeping the interior clean with the handheld is a doddle

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that's the fella :thumbs:

the attachments are pretty good and they get into most of the places i want them to go...

when i first get a new used car i give it a really good clean out, and that is done with a normal hoover, from there keeping the interior clean with the handheld is a doddle
Yeah thats what I would use it for, just to "keep on top" of things, obviously if it was in a right state then getting the dyson out is the only option, I would know a hand held wouldnt be up to the job!

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Never come accross a good one yet, they all suck IMHO (no pun intended!)

:D

·
Administrator
45,155 Posts
I've always found them a bit rubbish in the past, but we got a dirt devil one a few weeks back which has a properly motorised brush bar on it (quite cleverly designed to achieve that actually) and it works brilliantly.
This one in fact:
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4062800/Trail/searchtext>DIRT+DEVIL.htm

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've always found them a bit rubbish in the past, but we got a dirt devil one a few weeks back which has a properly motorised brush bar on it (quite cleverly designed to achieve that actually) and it works brilliantly.
This one in fact:
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4062800/Trail/searchtext>DIRT+DEVIL.htm
Thanks for that, does it pick up most dirt etc? And how long does the battery on it last?

·
Administrator
45,155 Posts
Don't really know how long it lasts. It's never run out on me. With the brushbar attachment on it, it picks up fantastically - as well as our full size vacuum.
It can be a bit hard to get into smaller nooks and crannies though, and it's not quite as good with the other attachments.
I'm very pleased with it though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts