·
Administrator
23,020 Posts
Superb bodgit stuff.

Covers a multitude of sins.

Is that a rusty old radiator?

Not any more.

Now it's a shiny white clean thing hanging on the wall :thumbs:
And the rust will appear to the next incumbent.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
There is nothing wrong with Hammerite. Back in the eighties, I sprayed my Kawasaki wheels with the black stuff, and it resisted corrosion a treat, and it made the bike seem a bit cool (in my eyes anyway).

·
Registered
17,217 Posts
i will be using Hammerite to fill a rust hole that has appeared aft of the Polo's sunroof. :)

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I could use it on the Citroen RustBucket :thumbs:

Is there enough do you think?

·
Registered
17,217 Posts
:)

sort of German; it was built in Spain, after all. And it has rust everywhere. I'm not losing too much sleep over it, though :)

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
The original 'Finnegans, from the sixties/ seventies, fireproof thinner was great. Modified in the eighties, still pretty good. Then from the nineties on, it was nowhere near as tough as the previous versions imho? Think I posted along those lines some two years or so ago? Check it out for me lads and lassies please? Lazy and tired you see,:D

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've used Hammerite on some of the parts on the Sprint. I'm happy with it:thumbs:

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
The modern version works. But, if anyone has applied the original, and the second follow up type, they would of known the marked difference in both the application technique that it requires, and it's resilience to the elements, plus it's long term durability. All change, once Finnegans sold out and were taken over by the 'Big Boys' imo. :(:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts