·
Banned
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh dear oh dear................:confused: :confused: :tut:

·
Registered
462 Posts
I agree, the tears stream down my face. He can't afford to do that. Can you imagine how he must feel right now. Wonder what the official story will be
There was one conselation however !

·
Registered
6,454 Posts
Communication brake down or so it seems, and it wasn't just him either!

Will Kubica get his first win :D

·
Registered
37,996 Posts
No one is inflammable, not even Lewis Hamilton. Well done to Kubica for getting the win, its nice to see someone different on the top step for a change. :thumbs:

·
Registered
384 Posts
well... daddy Hamilton stacked an expensive silver car at low speed this week... maybe it's genetic :( :rolleyes:

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
lewis will be back on top after the next race, have no fear! Just one of those things! And as someone else said at least it made a change for one of the other teams to get poll

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
He still has a lot to learn in F1. If you noticed, the lights were on green when both Kubica and Raikkonen stopped. It wasnt until Lewis got close that they changed to red. The other two were expecting the red light and didnt want to risk a 10 sec stop go penalty. Lewis didnt expect a red light. Put him on the race track and he rarely puts a foot wrong. The pits however are a different story. They cost him the championship last season. He will get there with experience. Its all thats holding him back.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
I've just finished watching the highlights.... the lights seemed to change to red just as Kubica and Raikkonen stopped, sadly I guess Hamilton was just focusing on getting out and warming the car back up ready to let rip again and not on the situation at hand.

Everyone makes a split second mistake, we are all fallible.

·
Administrator
Tesla Model S
8,046 Posts
I like Hamilton quite a bit, Mc Laren is and has always been my preferred team, but this was a school boy error, he canot talk like he is the best and then make silly errors like this, he must be on the top of his game, its 60% Hamiltons fault and 40% the teams fault for not telling him over the radio as a standard procedure, the teams computer would have predicted this light change. :eek:

·
Registered
848 Posts
Well, both Rosberg and Hamilton made the error... both rookies! :) I'm surprised the pit crews didn't radio them to warn about the red light. Is there any kind of coordination between the person who controls the light and the pit crews?

·
Super Moderator
114,704 Posts
Alfaspeed said:
The other two were expecting the red light and didnt want to risk a 10 sec stop go penalty. Lewis didnt expect a red light
The punishment for jumping a red pitlane light is disqualification, by the way.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
I like Hamilton quite a bit, Mc Laren is and has always been my preferred team, but this was a school boy error, he canot talk like he is the best and then make silly errors like this, he must be on the top of his game, its 60% Hamiltons fault and 40% the teams fault for not telling him over the radio as a standard procedure, the teams computer would have predicted this light change. :eek:
I wouldn't say Hamilton talks like he's the best? Whenever I hear him he sounds sown to earth, always congratulating the team which IMO is excellent!

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
I like Hamilton quite a bit, Mc Laren is and has always been my preferred team, but this was a school boy error,
Yes, I agree with this. Running into the back of a car that stops at a red light is inexcusable. I can only think he was trying to outdo his dad!

·
Banned
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hamilton made decision to hit KIMI.

My brother is a racing car driver and tonight we were talking about Hamiltons crash...now he was saying maybe, just maybe Hamilton made split decision when he realised he'd over cooked it, and saw KImi's car, champion, then Kubicia's car, great driver but not going to be a lasting challenge, and decided if he's gonna hit either better to be Kubicia................maybe right.

Just a though. In that situation of realising i'm gonna have to hit either Kimi or Kubicia, i'd drive into the guy who was going to be biggest threat over all of season.

Good stuff Hammi.;)

·
Premium Member
77,388 Posts
Re: Hamilton made decision to hit KIMI.

good thread = if Schuey had his Hamilton like that????

but, so early in the season.......not Schuey's style ??

·
Banned
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: Hamilton made decision to hit KIMI.

Well not saying he drove into him on purpose, but race drivers gain amazing reflexes, so say he sees the cars ahead stop for red light but he's too late to aviod hitting one of them.............so does he drive into the red one.....and not the white one.............so he knows if he's out, at least Kimi is too.......??

You look at replay, he heads towards Kimi's car when he realises he's not going to stop in time...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts