Votes: 28 50.9%
  • It will be a tie :cool:

Votes: 3 5.5%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
Well if it was on a dry track and all otherthings being equal, the Stigg winning would increase the entertainment factor.... ;)

However as it is on a wet track I certainly hope it is the Stig!!! :D

·
Registered
24,513 Posts
He'll be back, and quick, when it's dry.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Yes, what an amazing lap, on a wet and oily track he was only 0.3 seconds slower than the stig in the dry :wow:

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
What car was it done in?

Just caught the lap, but I couldn't tell one type of whatever make that car is from another if you paid me.

If it was the same car as Stiggy did in the dry then that did look pretty awesome :)

·
Super Moderator
44,766 Posts
Hasn't the Stig previously said that a wet track adds 4 seconds to your time? :wow:

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Apparently it was the 'old' car, and yes, Stig did say a wet track added 4 seconds to the taime :wow:

·
Premium Member
45,013 Posts
He did really well getting that time in the wet! If it was dry he'd have nailed the Stigs time with a performance like that.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
i dont think its really a fair comparison, yes i like the stig but if you pit a current F1 star versus the stig whos proper racing career hasnt really amounted to much, hence working on topgear, the f1 guy will win, especially one as quick as hamilton.

id be expecting a new stig soon as the current one may be off to NASCAR next year, if his trials go well.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I thought LH was great, what a great bit of driving on the second to last corner. Real down to earth chap too.

James Blunt was funny too, his music is dire and he is a bit of an upper class twit but he made me laugh. ;)

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Just watched the lap, he didnt look like he was trying and for that reason, a dry track and LH at the wheel will demolish the Stigs time who is also a fellow F1 driver. :)
Who is the Stig?
Damon Hill? Nigel Mansell? Russ Swift?

Is there more than one Stig?

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
What did I say !!!! :xmas:

p.s. but Lewis was quick I admit that...

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
i dont think its really a fair comparison, yes i like the stig but if you pit a current F1 star versus the stig whos proper racing career hasnt really amounted to much, hence working on topgear, the f1 guy will win, especially one as quick as hamilton.

id be expecting a new stig soon as the current one may be off to NASCAR next year, if his trials go well.
Fair point, in that case it is best to compare Hamilton to Webber as he is also F1 and was in the wet!!!!
Biggest advantage the stig had was track knowledge........and that is one hell of an advantage!

21 - 40 of 51 Posts