Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Am a very proud owner of a GTV 3.2 (2004).. black. Owned it for 2 months and have been loving the driving experience in Hong Kong. It's just awesome!!!! :eek: Yet, the relationship with my baby is not a smooth one. Have had 2 breakdowns where the engine cuts out whilst doing about 50 mph on a highway. I guess it's lucky since I could have ran into someone or something if I didn't have space to put over. The mechanics have been friendly but they could not locate the problem (other than it's an electrical one). They've checked all the 4 keys and couldn't find any reasons to replace them. They say it could be the central computer (or the CCM). But they also claimed it may not be the final solution.

Has anyone experience this before? I've had an old 155 about 10 years ago and I know the usaul Alfa's hick-ups but never as dangerous as engine cuts in the middle of no where.

I would love to keep the beast but I've been driving it alone lately fearing passengers could get hurt from this phantom electrical/ engine failure.

Question: Is there a way to bypass the immobilizer? (or to cut it out of the loop completely). I have the repairs manual but it doesn't say if the startup procedure is hardwired or programmable.

I love to keep the car but no point if it's going to win me a bed space in the clinic.

Kevin

P

·
0 Posts
Hi Kevin! Welcome to AO :thumbs:

If you post your immobliser question in the Technical Forum for GTVs, you are bound to get help! Good luck matey :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts