Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not technically Alfa discussion but it can help you get parts for your Alfa much cheaper:)

Hopefully this isn't a repost (I did do a search) but it's still useful info nonetheless. Basically, if you have a Trade Card you get discount off car parts, bulbs, oils and tools at Halfords.

Discount varies from 10% to 80% depending on what you buy. Unfortunately there is no price list - you have to take the item to the till to find out. Some recent items I have bought are W5W bulb twin pack - reduced from £2.49 to 49p, standard HB3 bulbs £8.99 to £3.69 (super brilliance would be £19.99 to £9.99). I bought wipers for my friends MX-5, £14 to £4ish.

You don't even have to be in "the trade" to get one, requirements are-

Motor Trade Role
Qualifying documents

Qualified Technician
City & Guilds in Motor Mechanics Certificate or garage payslips

Self–employed Mechanic
High volume of local motor factor invoices from last 3 months

Mobile Mechanic
City & Guilds in Motor Mechanics certificate or high volume of local motor factor invoices from last 3 months

Small Independent Garage Mechanic
Recognised payslips for employee, high volume of local motor factor invoices from last 3 months or City & Guilds in Motor Mechanics Certificate

High Volume Parts Buyer
(or frequent user of car parts)

I didn't fall into any of the above categories -just knew someone who worked at Halfords:D

If you google "Halfords Trade Card" people on other forums have even made lists of what you can get discount on.

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
I've bought so many bits for my 155 that the Alfa computer thought I was a trader and now gives me an automatic discount.. :(

Ralf S.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Well that's quite useful information, just need to find a 'Stifficat' or two. Oh! and get four wheels, preferably, I guess? Good post though mate, seriously worth knowing, so thanks for that.:):

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
An aircraft maintenance license qualifies too!
So I can buy myself some tools apparently, but use it for all sorts!

Discount applies to all lubricants car parts and tools.
Not applicable to ICE or car care though:(

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Not technically Alfa discussion but it can help you get parts for your Alfa much cheaper:)

Hopefully this isn't a repost (I did do a search) but it's still useful info nonetheless. Basically, if you have a Trade Card you get discount off car parts, bulbs, oils and tools at Halfords.

Discount varies from 10% to 80% depending on what you buy. Unfortunately there is no price list - you have to take the item to the till to find out. Some recent items I have bought are W5W bulb twin pack - reduced from £2.49 to 49p, standard HB3 bulbs £8.99 to £3.69 (super brilliance would be £19.99 to £9.99). I bought wipers for my friends MX-5, £14 to £4ish.

You don't even have to be in "the trade" to get one, requirements are-

Motor Trade Role
Qualifying documents

Qualified Technician
City & Guilds in Motor Mechanics Certificate or garage payslips

Self–employed Mechanic

Mobile Mechanic
City & Guilds in Motor Mechanics certificate or high volume of local motor factor invoices from last 3 months

Small Independent Garage Mechanic
Recognised payslips for employee, high volume of local motor factor invoices from last 3 months or City & Guilds in Motor Mechanics Certificate

High Volume Parts Buyer
(or frequent user of car parts)

I didn't fall into any of the above categories -just knew someone who worked at Halfords:D

If you google "Halfords Trade Card" people on other forums have even made lists of what you can get discount on.
We've organised it here for members of the car club (Northern Ireland Italian Motor Club). It has to be done through the club though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts