Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been to Dorchester halfords and they were very helpful and knowledgeable. Not only did they know which adaptor I needed for my freelander (it was marked as BMW), they even gave me a little rubber thing for the back of the stereo that they don't sell, but carry in their personal installation kit. Didn't even charge me for it and I didn't buy my stereo from their either. Very refreshing. Feel bad for slagging them off this morning now!

K

·
0 Posts
Some of the guys in my local place are really good, which makes it all the more frustrating when you get stuck with one of the numpties.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Nice to hear a good story for once :)

L

·
0 Posts
The Halfords on Cribs Causeway Bristol are really good, helpful etc. The rest around the Bristol area are a complete waste of time!

·
Registered
7,723 Posts
All Halfraud's need to do now is cut their prices by 50% and then they should be competitive!?

I still detest them though.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm happy to pay a bit extra for the convenience. I could have sorted everything I needed much more cheaply online, but I decided to tackle the job yesterday morning and was able to drive to the store and get everything I needed, plus some advice. It's worth paying a bit extra for that, I feel.

·
Registered
17,798 Posts
I have never got on with halfords :( they never have what I need, they never offer any help, and my local treat me like a little girl who doesn't know what shed talking about.

Nice to hear some one is having better luck, or indeed that there are better halfords employees out there

·
Registered
953 Posts
I have never got on with halfords :( they never have what I need, they never offer any help, and my local treat me like a little girl who doesn't know what shes talking about.

Nice to hear some one is having better luck, or indeed that there are better halfords employees out there
Same here, erm except for the little girl bit obviously.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts