Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The lads in work are taking the p out of my GTV saying it's a Hairdressers car! I know it's only the 2L model and not the monster V6, but I hardly think it is in the same league as an MGF or MX5? Help!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well - Say something like... "I've got a Red Italian Sport Coupe... Have you ????

Answer is probably Nope !!

Nuff said - besides I just take the **** out of it being unreliable /crap build etc....

And then when they see it they kinda shutup !!

Let the car do the talking - its one of the best sounding, easy to drive engines there is - and its got looks to die for; despite being 8 yrs old !!!!

Good Luck wink and failing that its a Baseball Bat !!

·
Registered
8,688 Posts
Any vaguely stylish car is liable to be tagged "hairdresser".Do they all drive Vectras? wink

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
the GTV is TOP, I drove the 24v and beat all sorts of german top cars. And the 2.0 is no slough either.
The Z3 is the hairdressers car....

·
Registered
236 Posts
I get the same comments from a bloke here....he drives a diesel Audi Estate......****....and I think he's queer.

But no hard feelings of course!

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
I guess they are just jealous that they don’t have your taste in style and quality heritage.

The GTV is still a fantastic looking car after all these years.

Personally, I've never cared what other people think about my car, as long as I enjoy it then that's all that matters.

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
They probably drive Daewoos/Saxos/Novas/Kias so why do you care what they think?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep they drive a Mazda 626, Mondeo & Astra - nuf said.
I love my Alfa although it has been a love/hate relationship. I've sent 1200 quid over the last 3 months and need to spend another 600 quid to get it perfect. But every morning I open the garage and there she sits, looking beautiful! Driving her fast around round-a-bouts and getting that sports exhaust booming all makes up for it.
Why have a cheap, reliable, boring car when you can buy an alfa that looks and drives like a sports car. I always said if I couldn't afford a nice unique car I'd rather walk.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
was trying to think of sumfin clever, but i'm strugglin. just tell them they're all c*nts.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i thought of sumfin... .. .. no its gone. anyway, mazda, mundane-o & arse-tra? what do these tw*ts know about cars?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Heh - my girlfriend is a hairdresser, and she hates my GTV - so what further proof do you need?

She drives a white MR2 T-Bar by the way.

Like the spider-man says - any vaguely stylish sports car is likely to be tagged as a hairdressers car. Whether of course you can term the z3 as vaguely stylish is a different matter :)

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
Your totty has a built-in, millions-of-years-in-the-evolution "threat detector".

She'll shag you if you have a GTV but once you're "her bloke" she'll find the attention you give it (rather than her) a threat.

On top of that she knows that every other bird is gagging to have a go on/in your red pointy thing too.

She'll try to make you sell it and then, when you bought something sensible, complain you're a wimp and not the bloke she fell in love with.

Finally she'll leave you for some rude dude who calls her "*****" and drives a M3 or something as "he's a real man".

Ralf S.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
eek! Blimmin eck................ :D And Ralfy lived happily ever after. :p wink ???

1 - 15 of 15 Posts