Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Administrator
47,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was driving down the road today, with a Celica GT4 in front of me, and a Ferrari 328GTB in front of that. Glanced to the side to see a man at the side of the road ... watching MY car drive past :D
I know it's sad, but some things just give you a good feeling.

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
I know how you feel. I have exactly the same when people see my white Alfa. They just can't look at anything else :lol: ;)

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I know the feeling - I have been just for a drive in my Daimler and I was parking it near a hotel with a crowd of 'mature' Yanks standing outside waiting for a bus or whatever - to see them all stare at my Daimler like adolescent children was amusing - never thought there was still such a following for these cars :cool:

·
Premium Member
38,311 Posts
So, Bazza, did you race them?? :p :D

·
Administrator
47,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I certainly did NOT race the GT4...

·
Administrator
47,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't race the ferrari either... not really

I'm a bit worried Gollum might tell me off though ;)

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
bazza said:
to see a man at the side of the road ... watching MY car drive past :D
Sorry, but are you sure the bloke wasn't just looking at you :confused:

;)

·
Premium Member
38,311 Posts
:D

Under the circumstances, I don't think I would have either. :D

·
Administrator
47,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
kurzon said:
Sorry, but are you sure the bloke wasn't just looking at you :confused:

;)
So? He either thought I was sexy or my car was, either way has a feel good factor attached :D

Ant, I don't get what you mean? :confused:
OK, confession time, I didn't race the Ferrari, but I did 'compare performance'.
Stayed behind him in the lane and kept up comfortably (he was overtaking some cars on the dual carriageway away from the lights). Not worth boasting about though, checked the stats and my car is theoretically faster than it anyway.

·
Banned
1,421 Posts
selespeed said:
I know how you feel. I have exactly the same when people see my white Alfa. They just can't look at anything else :lol: ;)
Selespeed: That'd be the *snow blindness* effect ;)

Bazza: Not sure if you are male or female :eek: but eitherways I would think the man was linitlaly ooking at the Ferrari & you mis-interputted his look at you as * heeem nice car* but really it meant...... "look at that an AR that actually can drive" :cheese:

·
Administrator
47,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Male. And not driving an AR ;)
It's a Fiat Coupe, and he was definitely watching me go past, rather than the Fezzer. Can't blame him really, it was a Magnum Special, not the best of things, even if you do like Ferraris. :D

·
Registered
734 Posts
bazza said:
It's a Fiat Coupe, and he was definitely watching me go past, rather than the Fezzer. Can't blame him really, it was a Magnum Special, not the best of things, even if you do like Ferraris. :D
I'd stop and stare if I saw a bear driving a Coupe :D

:eek: JaB

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
bazza said:
[Anorak on] Well Magnum did drive a 308 and not a 328[/Anorak off] :rolleyes: :p I feel like beating myself up now.
Its weird the way the 308 and 328 are really similar but the 308 is one of my favourite cars EVER and I really don't like the 328 at all. Go figure.

Nice little convoy you had going on there Baz. :D

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
John Burns said:
Its weird the way the 308 and 328 are really similar but the 308 is one of my favourite cars EVER and I really don't like the 328 at all. Go figure.

Funnily enough, I have always felt the same way about those two models. I thought I was just being strange, so I have never admitted it. Glad I'm not the only one :D :p

·
Administrator
47,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've got a stupid confession to make here, about me as a kid.
As a basis for this, you have to know that I was REALLY into Knight Rider. This left me with the impression that the car must be the star of any show.
Now the opening credits of Magnum always started with the car powersliding across a lawn, with grass flying everywhere.
As a nipper, I somehow translated this into some kind of superpower, so for me, it wasn't 'Magnum'. It was 'The Car That Can Cut Grass' :eek: :eek:
I get the feeling I'm going to have to add this to Spideys 'things you wish you'd never confessed on AO' thread. :cheese:

·
Administrator
47,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
JaB said:
I'd stop and stare if I saw a bear driving a Coupe :D

:eek: JaB
Yeah, fair enough. Most of us drive hatchbacks. It's handier for the pic-a-nic baskets ;)

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
bazza said:
I've got a stupid confession to make here, about me as a kid.
As a basis for this, you have to know that I was REALLY into Knight Rider. This left me with the impression that the car must be the star of any show.
Now the opening credits of Magnum always started with the car powersliding across a lawn, with grass flying everywhere.
As a nipper, I somehow translated this into some kind of superpower, so for me, it wasn't 'Magnum'. It was 'The Car That Can Cut Grass' :eek: :eek:
I get the feeling I'm going to have to add this to Spideys 'things you wish you'd never confessed on AO' thread. :cheese:
To save you having to look for it Baz,
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=36001

·
Administrator
47,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for that :p

1 - 20 of 35 Posts