Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flying down the M5 touching 95, the injector light started to come on occasionally (i've had this before with various MAF and overboost related problems).
Soon, the engine started to drop into limp mode for a period of seconds but a quick dab of the throttle restored the power.
Then! it started to drop into limp mode and wouldn't recover for 5-10 seconds. I managed to limp to the next slip road, but my motorway cruise was over.

After a 1h40m wait the AA turned up, told me that they don't touch fuelling problems on common rail diesels and towed me to my super-reliable garage.

My garage reset the fault codes and took it for a drive, it's now showing a fault with the following; overboosting, MAF (only 2 months old) and boost pressure sensor.

Mechanic is pretty sure it's a faulty VNT mechanism which is causing the other two faults to show when the turbo is overboosting.

I have AA mechanical breakdown warranty thing so my mechanic is going to do his best a obtain a recon turbo for under £500 (the claims limit)

Not a good day yesterday but hopefully things will improve . . . .

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Hope you get it sorted matey:D

95kph? :lol:

·
Registered
32,442 Posts
bad news mate :(

hope you can get it fixed :thumbs:

·
Registered