Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was an older model Subaru Impreza turbo (2000/2001 model?). Got beside him and we were pretty evenly matched. I was just starting to edge ahead by the tiniest margin but surprised how even the two of us were.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
:tut: disgraceful boasting about such things on a public forum ... :HALO:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:tut: disgraceful boasting about such things on a public forum ... :HALO:
Empty stretch of national speed limit dual carriageway up to "normal" motorway speeds ;) :lol:

Could have been an N/A with a turbo body kit........
:rolleyes: :p

Shut ya face Mike! :bat: ;) It was a full on WRX STI wasnt it Jon :lol:
:lol: Not quite. It was the pre ugly model Scooby. I think these cars run about 210bhp standard and have similar 0-60 times to a GTA. Not as good at the top end as a GTA but we didn't get near that. Judging by the big wheels and Barry boy exhaust it is possible that the Scoob wasn't standard but that's the problem, you can never be sure. I reckon the Scoob driver was as surprised as I was :lol:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
:lol: Not quite. It was the pre ugly model Scooby. I think these cars run about 210bhp standard and have similar 0-60 times to a GTA. Not as good at the top end as a GTA but we didn't get near that. Judging by the big wheels and Barry boy exhaust it is possible that the Scoob wasn't standard but that's the problem, you can never be sure. I reckon the Scoob driver was as surprised as I was :lol:
A win is still a win! :cool:

·
Registered
678 Posts
I remember a similar vistory I had over a Scooby.

When we came to the lights I looked over to smile to the guy.

He was sitting there with his Subaru rally jacket on looking dead ahead with a stony face. A classic memory :)

G

·
Could have been an N/A with a turbo body kit........
You never know with Scoobies, there can't be that many standard ones around any more. I came up against one and ate him up round a series of roundabouts - must have been the NA engine with a bodykit ... but then there are a load of 300bhp+ ones on pistonheads for sale and I wouldn't fancy racing a 4WD 300bhp Scoob.

You never can tell what he's got under the bonnet

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
He was sitting there with his Subaru rally jacket on looking dead ahead with a stony face. A classic memory :)
That made me smile, chap I work with has a Ugly Version Subaru Impreza STI Type UK PPP good for 0-60 in about 4.4 seconds.

Doubt it's ever been driven like that I've never seen a cleaner car ALWAYS.

He wears his Lancashire Section Subaru Club jacket to work :)

·
Registered
607 Posts
You never know with Scoobies, there can't be that many standard ones around any more. I came up against one and ate him up round a series of roundabouts - must have been the NA engine with a bodykit ... but then there are a load of 300bhp+ ones on pistonheads for sale and I wouldn't fancy racing a 4WD 300bhp Scoob.

You never can tell what he's got under the bonnet
I WOULD LOVE TO ,CHICKEN FEED.:lol:

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
: Not quite. It was the pre ugly model Scooby. I think these cars run about 210bhp standard and have similar 0-60 times to a GTA. Not as good at the top end as a GTA but we didn't get near that. Judging by the big wheels and Barry boy exhaust it is possible that the Scoob wasn't standard but that's the problem, you can never be sure. I reckon the Scoob driver was as surprised as I was :lol:
Had a similar run in with a similar model Scooby, right down to the Barryboy pipe.

He was in front of me but I could tell by the way he kept looking in his mirror hat he couldn't believe what was keeping up with him...

..especially through the bends... never thought a FWD could hold on to a 4WD through a set of curves like the GTA did :thumbs:

It is of course possible that he had [email protected] tyres or no clue what the road was doing (my usual commute - every weekday for 6 years so I could probably drive it blindfolded)...

·
Registered
2,592 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Had a similar run in with a similar model Scooby, right down to the Barryboy pipe.

He was in front of me but I could tell by the way he kept looking in his mirror hat he couldn't believe what was keeping up with him...

..especially through the bends... never thought a FWD could hold on to a 4WD through a set of curves like the GTA did :thumbs:

It is of course possible that he had [email protected] tyres or no clue what the road was doing (my usual commute - every weekday for 6 years so I could probably drive it blindfolded)...

Must have been running on 3 cylinders..............

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
My Bro had one of those Scooby's - 217BHP I think. Both in standard trim the GTA would eat it for breakfast.
I had a dabble with one that shape on the M-way a couple of weeks ago. We were fairly even low down in the rev range, but the Scooby seemed to run out of puff higher up. I slowed for my junction and he passed me. Judging by the size of the flame out of his exhaust when he backed off it was far from standard tune :lol:

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
My Bro had one of those Scooby's - 217BHP I think. Both in standard trim the GTA would eat it for breakfast.
I had a dabble with one that shape on the M-way a couple of weeks ago. We were fairly even low down in the rev range, but the Scooby seemed to run out of puff higher up. I slowed for my junction and he passed me. Judging by the size of the flame out of his exhaust when he backed off it was far from standard tune :lol:
Are there any stock scoobies? I think it's the kind of car people buy to tune and chav up :(

1 - 20 of 214 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.