Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
38,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week (even yesterday), while I was in sunny Miami, I saw four of these monsters on the road. I must say that they look really nice IRL, it even surprised me, they even look a little solemn and all. I would like to test drive one for a couple of days, hehe. :D

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Now, THAT's a proper off-roader. I wonder how it drives and rides on-road.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Are those 1025/90 - TR46 Firestone tires? :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
38,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, those tires are for agricultural purposes, and they shave the tread to save some weight.

·
Premium Member
38,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[WHISPERING]Both...[/WHISPERING] :rolleyes:

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Wisrute B.:
<strong>Now, THAT's a proper off-roader. </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No! There is still only one king!!
:D

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
Talking about Landies, I recently saw some scoops of the new Landie Discoverer.....my god that car looked fine eek! It's a small Rangie Rover and I really like that car eek!

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
And with bull-bars like that she wouldn't have to worry about denting the front wings when she gets the parking space angle horribly wrong and dents the door/wing of the innocently perfectly parked car between the white lines in the space next to where she is trying to park! No worries - you would save on bodywork repairs to her vehicle. wink

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Well, not sure if it was her - but from my daily observations in the local Sainsbury's car park I usually see some metal bending (or results of). She always drives a 4x4, which varies between days. :p

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
And the fact that you need an empty bay next to you to fully open the door. Bit like a 4x4 really, when your average female shopper is trying to park it. :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
48,089 Posts
Rick & AJ, you guys are always complaining about the width needed to open your 145 doors. If you had a perfect, Adonis-like, physique like mine, you'd be able to just open it a crack, and still fit out. :p :D

The turning circle is sh1te though, isn't it? I can cope with that though, since everything else about her is fantabulous.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Yeah, it is emabarassing when trying to turn around on a mini roundabout, then you find out how crap it really is - when you bring all 3 exits to standstill whilst you are doing a 3 point turn to make it round... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by ajcarter:
<strong>Yeah, it is emabarassing when trying to turn around on a mini roundabout, then you find out how crap it really is - when you bring all 3 exits to standstill whilst you are doing a 3 point turn to make it round... :rolleyes: </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My mate had a 306 GTi-6 which was just as bad.
My how how we laughed going on the P&O SeaCat ferry. Three point turns every corner, and there were hundreds of them!!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts