Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am about to buy this from alfist site can any one tell me if thay have fitted them and what thay are like thanks jeffhttp://shop.alfisti.net/Tuning-Styling/Alfa-155:::1_9.html

·
Registered
260 Posts
Wow, you got money to spend. Did you enquire into eibach equivalents to compare prices?

Im not saying either is better, but I have heard eibach are very good.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Sorry humour, have to disagree with you there. Front springs on Eibach's are linear. Linear rated springs are good for circuits but very bouncy on your average road. H&R are progressively rated so they will give you a good compromise between comfort and handling.

Also, I would never recommend to anyone to change only the springs. The dampers are designed for the springs they will be used with so stiffer springs will make the dampers almost obsolete. Ask me how I know. Try a driving a V6 164 with bouncy Eibach's and standard dampers!!!!! Need to change these soon before the wife gives me any more ear ache! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am on the race track this is a track car money is no object what should i by what about the camber how do i set this to the car thanks jeff

·
Registered
260 Posts
Have a look at this place, not sure about their heritage but the supplier deals with Italian stallions only, so its worth a loo, plus the coilovers are cheaper than the H&R or Eibach's....you can see them here Ohh they do Cam kits for the 2.0 16V as well.

As V6Junky said, you want linear susspension for the track, very little body roll with those babies on, plus they are fully adjustable ;)

If you havent considered it however, I would reccomend looking at upgrading your ARB as well, as this is a vital component when stiffening your car for track use, unfortunately they arent cheap :rolleyes:

Hum :D

P.S. Your bank manager is likely to turn white overnight and probably hang you and himself!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Well that answers that one then!!! You may prefer the Eibach's for the track then. Reason I say this is that the progressive springs have dead coils which are there to absorb small bumps in road use. The stiffness you are after will therefore not come into play untill the dead coils have compressed. Linear springs would be best for the track where you want the springs to react quickly to changes in direction and not loose and feedback through the dead coils.

Sorry can't help with the camber. :confused:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Eibach ProKit are progressive springs... :)
SportKit are not :)

btw, Eibach ProKit for 155Q4 costs 300EUR here in Serbia.
How much is there in UK do anyone know?

Cheers

·
Registered
260 Posts
QuadrifoglioSCG said:
Eibach ProKit are progressive springs... :)
SportKit are not :)

btw, Eibach ProKit for 155Q4 costs 300EUR here in Serbia.
How much is there in UK do anyone know?

Cheers
You dont want to know! Minimum of 1100EUR roughly converted into euros.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
QuadrifoglioSCG said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

1100EUR just for 4 springs????? gotta be kidding me?
Well it took me all of 2 minutes on the net to find them for about 280 euros, so I think he must be :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts