Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so just tied Gyeons Wet Coat spray, firstly I was amazed at how quickly the spray adheres to the paint and the beading properties are best I’ve seen.

Sadly, half way through washing my car the sun came out and I’m only assuming this has contributed to what now is a large amount of water spots on the paint work. I also think some of it is probably down to too much product. I genuinely didn’t realise how little product is needed.

Anyway, just wondered if anyone here has used it and how much success you have had?

I’m prepared to give it another go, just going to go easy on the product and possibly dry it by hand as well next time. The results are worth it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've been using the Gyeon system for a few months now. Instead of Wet Coat I use Cure every 3rd or 4th wash. I've noticed that it is susceptible to water marking whilst drying. What I do now is after rinsing with the pressure washer I go back to the regular hose in order to get the water to "sheet" off. Leaves very few beads behind which is what leads to the water marks.

Love the Gyeon stuff though, just got the tyre sealant.

·
Registered
85 Posts
You got it right in your last paragraph, less product, and dry the car after the job. Also, as mentioned above, hose off the water to sheet it of the panels and then dry whats remaining.
Also, nice drying towel helps to reduce streaking when drying, my prefference is twisted pile towel, like Klin korea evo. Its a beast of a product that wetcoat though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts