Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Durban guys...I need someone to please check this car. In the pix he sent me everything looked brilliant. He, the dealership, will do the cambelts etc when I buy the car. It has a FSh according to him but I've found that one should rather go through the book and receipts oneself.

Pls can someone check it out as soon as you guys can and let me know??? Its in Pinetown:confused:

cheers,

Lance

2001 Alfa GTV 3.0 V6 - Durban & KZN used car for sale - Gumtree Durban & KZN Free Classifieds

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes its photoCHOPPED into the background lol...i'm still waiting for confirmation on Fin...

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Zornzan don't be scared give us details!!!Will call you now now

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok,

Zornzan says the car is imaculate for its age and km's...140000km as opposed to the advertised 120000.

Aparently its the dealer owner's son's car.

I know the serice history stopped at 121000km at ...wait for it... Alfissimo.

Zornzan says the car has the tell tale ticking sound upon cold start up...from what i've heard this means the cambelts and tensioners etc must be replaced? THe dealership said they will reaplace this at their cost.
I've spoken to the guy, Faizel, he sounds like he knows the Alfa's and he said he'll make sure the impellors are metal etc...so he knows a thing or two about the Alfa's it would seem.

Zornzan says it would be beneficial/preferable if i were to check the car out for myself ...

So if the Sarel deal does not go through for whatever reason...this is second option. I've seen the pics of the car and it is in immaculate condition. But I'm after a Cape Tonian here.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Yes Guili they will ask the water pump if it is fitted with a metal impeller instead of taking it of.
Safe to assume that it is metal since all the 3.0 GTV's came out with metal pumps unless it was replaced with a plastic unit by an idiot, if not the metal unit should still be fine after 140 000km.
They should replace all the idlers, crank pulley and tensioned not only the belt and tensioned like they tend to do. We have seen badly warn crank pulleys on cars with more than 100 000km and they are cheap to replase.
Best bet ask for R8000.00 discount and bring it so that you know everything was really done including a close inspection (by removing the water pump).
Year’s ago we did work for dealers and I do not trust them at all. There are exceptions I do not want to generalize.
Seeing that everyone in Durban struggles to get a knowledgeable shop, who is going to do it for him? His brother next door working on datsun Bakkies.

Best still I hope the WC GTV work’s out fore you the spec list on that monster is outrageous.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes I really hope the QC GTV's fin can be done jeeez.

That a good idea you have there...although, what if I drive it up to PTA from DBN and it spill every gut from its head?

But let's not think that far, I'm waiting for a call from those MFC poepels i mean peoples.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Don’t worry in 10 to 20 years we will export them to you at higher prices.
It really upsets me to see proper examples being stripped or squashed because it needs a bit of suspension work.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I have seen a couple it’s actually almost nicer than the Zenders.
I think it is Autodelta units.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm late on this one, but if you need anything else checked give me a shout, although mechanically, you are in much better hands with zornzan.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I also got to this one a bit late, I can only help with pics and a look see. I drive past it daily, and work about 3 mins from it

1 - 20 of 27 Posts