Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some convincing! my Gt is absolutely faultless on koni/eibach and eibach arb kit! how does the 159 chassis compare? can i make it handle as well as my sorted GT? :)
Cheers guys
Damien.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
A 159 will never feel as nimble as a GT, but the 159 chassis is superior to the GT and in Ti spec is rewarding to drive, just a little bit heavy. The grip from the 159ti is very impressive

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Pretty much agree with the post above :)

I loved my GT, and I still smile when I see one, but the 159 ti is a much better built car, and from a driving perspective, the cabin is a fab place to be.
You would also appreciate the 2.4 engine I'm sure. I have a 1.9 and regret not going bigger.
One thing to realise is that the 159 is MUCH heavier, and fuel economy is poor compared to the GT, especially if you drive it like it's supposed to be driven.

G

·
0 Posts
The 159 Ti is a stunning looking car...my favourite looking Alfa in fact (even beats the Brera) but it sounds like you have a full sorted GT there and with the better economy it gives and non of the DPF issues I personally would hold onto it unless you are thinking of spending a few quid and going the remap/DPF delete route if you do get a Ti. To be fair the 159 2.4 (Lusso) I had was ridiculously quick after a remap and as mentioned above it is one solid and safe car (not quite as exciting as the GT). Non of the rattles and bone shaking over potholes you experience in GT's though:lol:

p.s I eventually want a 159 Ti as well but with doing a lot of short journies I won't get one until I can afford to get the DPF removed or if I can afford a 1750...I want one in white ideally..or black or grey or silver or red :lol:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Pretty much agree with the post above :)

I loved my GT, and I still smile when I see one, but the 159 ti is a much better built car, and from a driving perspective, the cabin is a fab place to be.
You would also appreciate the 2.4 engine I'm sure. I have a 1.9 and regret not going bigger.
One thing to realise is that the 159 is MUCH heavier, and fuel economy is poor compared to the GT, especially if you drive it like it's supposed to be driven.
this ^^^

1 - 5 of 5 Posts