Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys windscreen washer jet on one side of the windscreen is blocked any ideas on the best way of cleaning it out or is it a new washer jet if so how hard to change

Cheers

·
Registered
376 Posts
use a pin or change the jet

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Soak it in vinegar/lemon juice (some mildly acidic) overnight, then blow it through with an air line/can of compressed air/tyre inflater line at a local garage forecourt.

Reactions: bobulon

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Hi guys windscreen washer jet on one side of the windscreen is blocked any ideas on the best way of cleaning it out or is it a new washer jet if so how hard to change

Cheers
I've been meaning to ask that for the last week or so. I've tried a pin with no luck, going to investigate over the weekend.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Take the jet off (they pull off). Put it in a bowl of vinegar and microwave for 15 seconds. Then leave for 10 mins or so. Should be able to blow any rubbish out with your lungs if you don't have another source of compressed air... Repeat process if not working.

Reactions: iainp

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorted

Cheers had a little brush used for cleaning aerosols cans that and some vinegar worked a treat took a few goes but now working thanks

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Use a hose pipe to flush out the washer bottle and use a good washer fluid. I use distilled water from the tumble dryer to make up the solution. Mine rarely block.

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
It's a condensing dryer, unlike the ones that burst into flames to dry clothing. Water collects in a tray so it would be rude not to put it to good use.

Reactions: iainp

·
Registered
630 Posts
It's a condensing dryer, unlike the ones that burst into flames to dry clothing. Water collects in a tray so it would be rude not to put it to good use.
I'm always learning new stuff in this forum :smoker:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts