Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

long story short... not been on here for about 6 years, last 159 came to a wet end, written off in a flood. So always fancied another... had a bit of spare cash so found this one fo sale fairly local..

Its a 2.0 jtdm ti.

late 61 plate, high mileage though on 135k.....

Its come with a few small issues, but no show stoppers.....worst is the aftermarket filter set up.... no idea why anyone would do this.... it sounds terrible like a constant window open and air rushing in!
Came on smoked/black alloys, so ive had these refurbished silver, which i reckon looks better..
Comments/observations most welcome..

Pictures..
4CE74DC4-8889-4657-A72C-9DFCEAF99B2B by Guy McCallum, on Flickr
068C37E8-F674-4DB3-B059-2A72F33C1569 by Guy McCallum, on Flickr
1B57D459-1102-4307-BA95-13905A638B47 by Guy McCallum, on Flickr
CCC41A86-C1AC-4D4E-90B0-20C71606034A by Guy McCallum, on Flickr
E14AA16B-C284-40D7-BA90-8E29A1D21B73 by Guy McCallum, on Flickr
BF69323A-7C10-4463-889C-A81CED114E66 by Guy McCallum, on Flickr
BCB6319A-5DFD-40B8-8570-ED09CD041699 by Guy McCallum, on Flickr
AF59F402-7805-486A-9AFA-932C608731AC by Guy McCallum, on Flickr

·
Registered
30 Posts
Definitely better with silver wheels and yea the ram air feed is a bit ridiculous tbh. Most cars just fair better with a drop in performance filter rather than those things.
Did you get the OE system with the car or have you got to buy it?

I don't think the mileage is that bad and if she has been maintained there are hundreds of thousands miles left.

Nice car. An Alfa always looks good in red👍

·
Registered
280 Posts
Blackened scudetto and "stripes" near headlights are looking rather well fitting on red paintwork!

That intake is hideous :D What is that big grey foam part sticking from the block for? Does it vent crankcase to atmosphere now?

I see you have leather/alcantara interior. How does it compare to (more common) Ti leather seats?
I know these were available only on the last production runs, thus are rarer to come by on the market. Does it make them more desirable among alfisti?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi folks,

long story short... not been on here for about 6 years, last 159 came to a wet end, written off in a flood. So always fancied another... had a bit of spare cash so found this one fo sale fairly local..

Its a 2.0 jtdm ti.

late 61 plate, high mileage though on 135k.....

Its come with a few small issues, but no show stoppers.....worst is the aftermarket filter set up.... no idea why anyone would do this.... it sounds terrible like a constant window open and air rushing in!
Came on smoked/black alloys, so ive had these refurbished silver, which i reckon looks better..
Comments/observations most welcome..

Pictures..
4CE74DC4-8889-4657-A72C-9DFCEAF99B2B by Guy McCallum, on Flickr
068C37E8-F674-4DB3-B059-2A72F33C1569 by Guy McCallum, on Flickr
1B57D459-1102-4307-BA95-13905A638B47 by Guy McCallum, on Flickr
CCC41A86-C1AC-4D4E-90B0-20C71606034A by Guy McCallum, on Flickr
E14AA16B-C284-40D7-BA90-8E29A1D21B73 by Guy McCallum, on Flickr
BCB6319A-5DFD-40B8-8570-ED09CD041699 by Guy McCallum, on Flickr
AF59F402-7805-486A-9AFA-932C608731AC by Guy McCallum, on Flickr

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Definitely better with silver wheels and yea the ram air feed is a bit ridiculous tbh. Most cars just fair better with a drop in performance filter rather than those things.
Did you get the OE system with the car or have you got to buy it?

I don't think the mileage is that bad and if she has been maintained there are hundreds of thousands miles left.

Nice car. An Alfa always looks good in red👍
Unfortunately I didn’t get OE system with the car..., but i have managed to buy the bits from a breaker that luckily had the 2.0 bits availabl. SHould be here by the end of the week..

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Blackened scudetto and "stripes" near headlights are looking rather well fitting on red paintwork!

That intake is hideous :D What is that big grey foam part sticking from the block for? Does it vent crankcase to atmosphere now?

I see you have leather/alcantara interior. How does it compare to (more common) Ti leather seats?
I know these were available only on the last production runs, thus are rarer to come by on the market. Does it make them more desirable among alfisti?
The small foam filter is there instead of the crack breather pipe, that will be going as well and going back to oem. The leather/alcantara seats are very nice, I definitely prefer them to the full leather that i had on my last one, but probably both are as comfy as the other, but yeh, they look great. I reckon they are more desirable but what do i know lol.

Was leather/alcantara an extra cost option or something? I've only seen it twice
I’ve no idea on the options side of things, i was under the impression it was standard on late model cars?

looks real nice what,s in the garage audi quattro? had a 2.2 coupe A reg early 90s non quattro loved it.
Haha, thought someone might spot that, lucky for me its a ur quattro ‘rr’, bought it about 5 years ago and was definitely a good buy! Only a summer car that one for sure!!

Cheers for the warm welcomes guys

·
Registered
43 Posts
The small foam filter is there instead of the crack breather pipe, that will be going as well and going back to oem. The leather/alcantara seats are very nice, I definitely prefer them to the full leather that i had on my last one, but probably both are as comfy as the other, but yeh, they look great. I reckon they are more desirable but what do i know lol.

I’ve no idea on the options side of things, i was under the impression it was standard on late model cars?

Haha, thought someone might spot that, lucky for me its a ur quattro ‘rr’, bought it about 5 years ago and was definitely a good buy! Only a summer car that one for sure!!

Cheers for the warm welcomes guys
god you done good lovely carsand only ever going to go up !! must say afla looks real nice too well done

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for clearing up the seats... so the half leather was standard and the full leather was an option on the late cars...
and yep @MARMITETHECAT its got the 2.4 exhaust with i’d say bigger tips.. these look to be about 4” tips....

Its got a kenwood aftermarket headunit, but I’m probably going to change it out (car came with original HU) and ive an iPhone and this has android play thingy..

·
Registered
208 Posts
There wasn't a full leather option on the late Ti cars it was just the half leather with suede. over the years they
were just trying to get it lighter and lighter , pre 08 cars had full leather electric / heated and memory seats
and after 08 no memory function. think it was mid 2010 when the spec went half and half , we had also lost auto wipers.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The Alfa looks stunning.
I’ve had my Lusso sportwagon a couple of months now and I’m loving it.
Drives brilliantly, gearbox not as smooth as my other car ( Leon mk1) but I’m made up with it and it attracts lots of admiring glances.
Love your Quattro lurking in the background.
I know someone who sold his red one a few months before Ashes to Ashes originally aired on TV.
To say he is gutted now is an understatement seeing how much they go for.:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cheers Nathan, yeh the quattro seemed expensive when i bought it, but now... well... seems like a steel. (y) :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
There wasn't a full leather option on the late Ti cars it was just the half leather with suede. over the years they
were just trying to get it lighter and lighter , pre 08 cars had full leather electric / heated and memory seats
and after 08 no memory function. think it was mid 2010 when the spec went half and half , we had also lost auto wipers.
I own a 159 3.2 SW Ti Q4 Qtronic manufacture date 21th of July 2010 with full leather electric/heated and memory seats. Also has leather dashboard.
I don’t think it was about weight, more about getting the price down on base models.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
One job off the list... the rear window wasn’t working... so took the card off and had a nosey... first thing i noticed was the two 5mm hex bolts behind the lower handle part weren’t there and the second thing was that the motor wasn’t even plugged in. Clearly someone had been in there before and didn’t sort it and gave up.

I had a play and got the original motor working but not turning its mechanism. So just took that off and plugged in the replacement motor and bingo! so put everything back together, even managed to find a couple of bolts for the two that were missing.. Happy days!:)Oh and fitted replacement inside black triangle trim piece that was also missing just above the door card. All in all a very productive hour down the garage!

1783172B-F1F9-457A-9088-9F721F5C76E4 by Guy McCallum, on Flickr

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
More progress this evening...

Got all the plumbing sorted for the air box and got everything back in where it should be..... very pleased to have it back to oem....

also got the wee rubber inserts for the door grab handles on the inside... the breaker that sent me the air box etc threw them in with the order... happy days....

1E966E1F-1F78-44C8-B757-AC8DFB4CE679 by Guy McCallum, on Flickr

9667C125-66F4-40A1-BF6C-FF51BE9F2529 by Guy McCallum, on Flickr

67B950FE-D88C-4AE9-8385-EE1303D109F3 by Guy McCallum, on Flickr

·
Registered
499 Posts
Hi,
Your car looks fabulous. I like that you're putting it back to standard and I think the seats are cool.

Reactions: Guymcc
1 - 20 of 33 Posts