Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently, according to LUK, the importers of my cambelt tensioner, its still serviceable (apparently even with the stop broken off and the spring poking out the side) so they refuse to pay for the repairs, or even replace the tensioner - they claim it could be re fitted and would work (what a load of crap)

Warranty claim rejected.. :cry:

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
Apparently, according to LUK, the importers of my cambelt tensioner, its still serviceable (apparently even with the stop broken off and the spring poking out the side) so they refuse to pay for the repairs, or even replace the tensioner - they claim it could be re fitted and would work (what a load of crap)

Warranty claim rejected.. :cry:
Don't be disheartened Phil....Now move to plan B.

Pomeo

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
The group of companies stands for exceptional customer focus, innovative ability and the highest possible level of quality.

from their website,

exactly where does your experience fit in with that statement?

Bl00dy Germans wrecking our Alfas again.......

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the 'engineer' i spoke to on the phone was unhelpful, dismissive, and far from able to offer a real explanation. when the belt cover was removed, the pointer was 90 degrees away from where it should be, while the bolt was roughly in the centre of the slot. there is no position you could have moved the tensioner to that would have lined the pointer up, so without question its a component failure (canadian component BTW)

time to get legal....

·
Registered
267 Posts
the 'engineer' i spoke to on the phone was unhelpful, dismissive, and far from able to offer a real explanation. when the belt cover was removed, the pointer was 90 degrees away from where it should be, while the bolt was roughly in the centre of the slot. there is no position you could have moved the tensioner to that would have lined the pointer up, so without question its a component failure (canadian component BTW)

time to get legal....
Have you considered a letter before action (LBA)?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Sounds like they are playing the same game as insurance companies - dismiss any initial claim and hope you go away. It's a test to see if you get serious. Which you clearly do need to, as from your description it seems they surely don't have a leg to stand on! I don't understand how saying it is serviceable can change the fact that it's failed.

For example, let's say the oil pump failed on a brand new engine, causing loss of oil pressure, a spun shell, and a rod through the block. If an engineer takes the engine apart and says that the the oil pump is "serviceable" that doesn't change the fact that it's failure caused the complete engine failure.

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
What they say phil.....All the phone calls to the credit card company, at the same time recorded delivery letter to the dealer which was eventually..

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=return to sender&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDUQtwIwAQ&url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLi3MhzxcPk&ei=OybzTvL_BYHIhAe7yqzJAg&usg=AFQjCNGtvkOcxwrddW54sNFVfBlSSKKw1A

via Royal mail Belfast which caused considerable confusion as the lawyer in my legal said that the dealer had as above and I told him that's weird as they accepted mine...but mine was loitering in Belfast.

However it was a back up to a fax which was received at the trader.

The numerous phone calls to the credit card company was yer on to plums.

then I changed tack the lawyer was getting nowhere the trader did a sgt schultz so I phone the credit card co and spoke with a nice bloke and without telling him anything I enquired as to whether they had a fax no there and he obligingly gave me their no.

A fax to them started communication.first three requesting information to ascertain whether they could assist or not.I hit them back with the circumstances and the sale of goods act and asked them their interpretation of the reverse burden of proof.
Then "Without Prejudice" letters were the norm....They still stood their ground and eventually to cut a long story short wie everebudy and their granny saying eye was onto plums I knocked on the right door 2 weeks before the 5 year deadline ,CAB ICA ,the rest is history.

Pomeo

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
reverse burden of proof sounds like the key to this one, I guess they have to prove it wasn't faulty, as opposed to me proving it is.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts