Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just washed and chamoyed

Washed and Chamoyed it this evening and off to my daughters young fire fighters presentation then this happened on the way.

·
Registered
743 Posts
hope she owned up ? did you take pics etc ?? your snookered then pal , no buy back will mean goodbye but on the upside , as its not your fault , her insurance should give you a decent price , gutted pal , mine got keyed down the pass side a few weeks back but im not going through insurance as i dont want to lose him , it needs all 4 panels doing and im sure they would write it off too

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the option to use my own repairers and then bill the insurance company. A mate who owns an accident repair shop says he can repair the arch panel and door which will hopefully keep the cost low enough to repair it or enen get a second hand door in hopefully the same colour.

I can feel a stiff neck coming on..;)

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
AH dude, gutted

I had exactly the same hit a few years ago. Someone reversed into me, slowly, in a car park.

Insurance job, was a hassle as my car was wrapped too

Hope you get it done quick

·
Registered
743 Posts
I have the option to use my own repairers and then bill the insurance company. A mate who owns an accident repair shop says he can repair the arch panel and door which will hopefully keep the cost low enough to repair it or enen get a second hand door in hopefully the same colour.

be very carefull claiming for whiplash pal , i had a claim last year ( genuine) but i went to A+E straight after it happened , ive read that if you dont seek medical attenetion then its unlikely your claim will be heard

·
Registered
151 Posts
If it's not your fault I have heard numerous times on various car forums that you are entitled to have the car returned to the condition it was in before the crash. In other words, if they try to 'write it off' tell them to get stuffed.

Is this true ? Anyone ? Thankfully I've never been in this position so have never had to put this to the test.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
If it's not your fault I have heard numerous times on various car forums that you are entitled to have the car returned to the condition it was in before the crash. In other words, if they try to 'write it off' tell them to get stuffed.

Is this true ? Anyone ? Thankfully I've never been in this position so have never had to put this to the test.
I did read a post on here a year or two ago. A member who works in insurance was saying that YOU can dictate what happens to the damaged car. It's your property. I can't find the post, it's possibly in with a thread that's nothing to do with insurance or accidents. :)

·
Registered
711 Posts
I used to work in insurance claims and the insurance company has no claim to the car if they write it off, i.e. the car is still yours however they can still stipulate if the car is uneconomical to repair, again you are perfectly entitled to take it to another repairer as you don't have to use their "approved" repairer (as much as they will try to push you through that route)

·
Registered
35,747 Posts
I used to work in insurance claims and the insurance company has no claim to the car if they write it off, i.e. the car is still yours however they can still stipulate if the car is uneconomical to repair, again you are perfectly entitled to take it to another repairer as you don't have to use their "approved" repairer (as much as they will try to push you through that route)
It seems the insurers make a lot of money from loan cars or dismantling write-offs to use the parts in repairs . If this does not suit you , then you should excercise your rights.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Sounds like you need to cut your insurers out of the loop and talk to whoever hit you and/or their insurers directly which (I assume) is what you would do if you only had the minimum (Third party risks) insurance.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
My insurance claim cost around 4.5k. For my white wrapped 159 - damage in exactly the same place.
That insurance was through Adrian Flux, LV i believe.

·
Registered
766 Posts

Ask you mate for an official quotation, so that you can submit to your insurer Hastings.

Using a insurer approved bodyshop does not guarantee a good repair as it's like a conveyor belt of in and out and work is generally rushed. Silver paint needs a good match.

Besides you should take up the loan car, assume like for like car, while yours is at your mates bodyshop.

I too with my old 156 did exactly the same as above, enjoy the loaner car and have nice repaired 159 where you know it's been repaired right.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Using a insurer approved bodyshop does not guarantee a good repair as it's like a conveyor belt of in and out and work is generally rushed. Silver paint needs a good match.
I had an insurance approved repair on my 156. After a year the paint started flaking off a replacement panel. The bodyshop blamed the quality of primer supplied on the replacement panel and had to re-do the paint job.

Besides you should take up the loan car, assume like for like car
Very unlikely - I got a Fiesta ...

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Does anyone know of a 159 in 565/a silver being broken.?

Finding a door in the correct colour is proving harder than I thought

1 - 20 of 26 Posts