Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1

Registered
My daily 159 needs a fair bit of work to get through the MOT. I'm self employed and things are tight at the minute. So with much regret I've had to do this. I spent many months looking for this car and it's been a joy to own. Huge history file and she's wanted for nothing. Plenty of upgrades.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332473087949?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649
Seems a shame to part with it, why not Sorn the 159 and buy a cheap Alfa runabout for the winter for work.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Turns out the 159 wasn't as "goosed" as I was led to believe. ALWAYS get a second opinion chaps!!! New set of tyres were all that was needed and they were only advisory!!

Registered
This is EXACTLY what I did :) GTV is now my daily.
That makes two of us...

My GTV is now my daily..

Other than displeasure at the fuel consumption (shocking on short runs)

And the rising mileage which is only annoying for abstract reasons it has been done.

Something always needs doing though....just be ready for that reality.

I will be honest if someone came in at 7k for it once the wizards are on I would consider it very seriously but having been looking for a car for the wife recently it's become obvious to me there is nothing out there under 25k that is a worthy replacement.

Let us know how you get on after 6 months or so..

Premium Member
That makes two of us...

My GTV is now my daily..

And the rising mileage which is only annoying for abstract reasons it has been done.

I will be honest if someone came in at 7k for it once the wizards are on I would consider it very seriously but having been looking for a car for the wife recently it's become obvious to me there is nothing out there under 25k that is a worthy replacement.

I think using as a day daily driver will be fine when we get to spring and you will enjoy. Not much fun if cold and damp. Don鈥檛 even mention snow and ice, GTVs don鈥檛 like it.

I have almost hit 5000 miles in mine since end of May last year when I got it. Went out for a good run today from home to Dorking along A25 to go for lunch. A little bit too much traffic around however nice to give it a run. It has been in garage unused for 5-6 weeks. Only 200 miles left before hit my annual mileage limit. :idea: Will be on to Adrian Flux soon to change policy to 8000 miles as once get big service done in late Feb any sign of good weather and will want to drive it.

Drivers mirror not moving today although can hear motor. Suspect must have been knocked by one of kids in the garage :ranting:As you say you always find something that needs doing. Also handbrake light was flickering on and off a few times. These cars also don鈥檛 really like sitting around unused either.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
That makes two of us...

My GTV is now my daily..

To be fair it was the fuel consumption that had me doubting it would be viable, however I find it's no worse than the 159 (2.2 JTS) and if anything slightly better on a long run. I used only 1/4 of a tank to get from Leeds to Birmingham and I rarely drive like a vicar.

Obviously I'm expecting things to need doing. It's 20 years old after all. Mileage isn't an issue for me. I bought it with 160k on it and I've added another 7k to that since August. Anything that needs doing will be done :)

Registered
I yoyo between going "f*#k it ..drive it everyday and have some fun and..

Preserve the low mileage and condition and store it..

WISH I HAD ROOM AT HOME FOR 2 FRICKIN CARS..!!!!

I'm a bit frustrated with the situation..

Did that come over...?? ;-)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts