Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Best way of pouring tins of draught Guinness:

Forget the slow tilting 45 degrees down the side of the glass ! B0llox :rolleyes:

Open,put tin into normal pint glass totally upside down,but as the black nectar comes out,pull the can upwards leaving only a fraction of air between cream & tin.

Perfection everytime !!!!!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

M

·
0 Posts
Nice tip, and I'd like to give it ago.....except I don't have any Guinness in currently :(

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Does this work with Stella? :think: :lol:

·
Registered
11,159 Posts
Don't know haven't asked her! :lol:

off to Tesco to buy some Guinness to try this tonight!! slurp slurp! :)

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't know haven't asked her! :lol:

off to Tesco to buy some Guinness to try this tonight!! slurp slurp! :)
Sainsburys have the best deal at the moment....20 tins for £19...still not cheap....but a great product...but i bemoan the demise of Murphy's Irish Stout....lovely,and much cheaper !! :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I used to work at The Millennium Stadium and this was the technique we used to pour very dangerous bottles of pop into completely harmless plastic glasses.

It did work but most of all it meant we could pour four drinks at the same time - ronan you're BUSTED! ;)

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I used to work at The Millennium Stadium and this was the technique we used to pour very dangerous bottles of pop into completely harmless plastic glasses.

It did work but most of all it meant we could pour four drinks at the same time - ronan you're BUSTED! ;)

...but hold on...you're talking about "pop"...this is stout...completely different,Annabella !!!!

Treat stout with respect !!! :thumbs:

·
Registered
11,159 Posts
...never...stout in a drink to be savoured.....and hopefully while we hammer Wales on Sunday !! :lol:
In support of my country I will be drinking Brain's Black on Sunday, nicer than Guinness too,!! :p:p:lol:

·
Registered
11,159 Posts
NEVER !!!!...at least it'll soften he blow of defeat !!!

Eireann Go Bragh !!!

Iwerddon am Byth !!!
haha it is a very nice stout tho, a little sweeter than G and a little lighter? not as heavy on the belly I shall reserve final judgement until Sunday! ps 20 x 440ml cans for £16 ! bargain!

M

·
0 Posts
I'm going to try the technique with a tin of Boddingtons shortly....both have a widget, so in theory it'll work :D

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
haha it is a very nice stout tho, a little sweeter than G and a little lighter? not as heavy on the belly I shall reserve final judgement until Sunday! ps 20 x 440ml cans for £16 ! bargain!

have to admit.....seen Brains,but never knew of it's stout...would love to have a wee bit of competition over here...must look it up on beer advocate :thumbs:

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Bottled Guinness in Ireland is even better than draught Guinness (alot stronger)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts