Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
TCT on first gear, the clutch wouldn't fully engage, I think it's by design else the ride will be uncomfortable, it only fully engages on second. If you are driving up a slope, make sure you can get enough speed to use second, else your clutch will burn and/or overheat.

·
Registered
343 Posts
TCT on first gear, the clutch wouldn't fully engage, I think it's by design else the ride will be uncomfortable, it only fully engages on second. If you are driving up a slope, make sure you can get enough speed to use second, else your clutch will burn and/or overheat.
Sounds like reason but if that's the case what happens in heavy traffic? Sounds flawed to me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes I had this on my previous Giulietta JTDm TCT , always happened to me whilst in heavy stop start traffic.
It was when in first gear foot on the brakes then off to creep forward repeatedly. after a while the warning light came on with a strong burning smell. I though that the TCT gearbox on a G should always go into neutral after a while when stood on the brakes anyway. Was going to take it to the dealers to check and see if it needed a software update as I had other issues with the TCT when cold, but these were fixed when the faulty battery was replaced.
Hi, how do yo know the battery is faulty? I have the 2015 GQV - is there a good battery to go for? Thanks.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi, how do yo know the battery is faulty? I have the 2015 GQV - is there a good battery to go for? Thanks.
It needs to be checked with a proper battery meter to check the cells etc.
My TCT was playing up and it also turned out to be the battery.
:)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Okay cheers, what sort of issues were you having?
Gear not engaging (have to turn off the car, lock it, wait for 30 secs or so then start it and it normally corrected itself).
not changing gear nicely, sometimes stuck in 1st. Also very jerky.
I bought a battery charger and used to top it up every few weeks as you could normally tell when the voltage started to drop.
A garage up the road tested the battery and said it was fine but it was a while later after getting fed up with it the battery was tested elsewhere and it came up as replace.
Since I put a new battery on its been fine.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Gear not engaging (have to turn off the car, lock it, wait for 30 secs or so then start it and it normally corrected itself).
not changing gear nicely, sometimes stuck in 1st. Also very jerky.
I bought a battery charger and used to top it up every few weeks as you could normally tell when the voltage started to drop.
A garage up the road tested the battery and said it was fine but it was a while later after getting fed up with it the battery was tested elsewhere and it came up as replace.
Since I put a new battery on its been fine.
Okay interesting, I don't have any of those issues but it is sometimes jerky between 1st and 2nd, the dealer says its normal but I wouldn't have thought so.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts