Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was at Chatz this morning to try a 2014 Guilietta TCT. Its only done 23600km and its loaded (PDC, leather, electric lumbar, touchscreen) they'll settle my 147 and they'll want 289k for the G.

Opinions please? How reliable is the 1.4T motor and TCT box combination?
I'm getting out of the 147 because the maintenance costs aren't making sense anymore. It's done 137000km. It needs a big service, discs and pads front and back, the turbo whines badly when cold and it could do with a new under tray. The suspension is also starting to creak and clunk. I do like the car but the Financials don't make sense to my practical side.

I can extend the motor plan for another two years for R12500 cash. R289k is the most I'll have ever spent on a car so I'm a tad nervous.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
I'm looking for a Giulietta tct. I have the Giulietta 1.4 Multiair - great motor. I've read only positive, overall reviews of the tct. I'd buy it.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
is it the silver one? i test drove that car and was thoroughly impressed. that power from a 125kw was nice. i did find the gearbox changes a bit lazy though

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was indeed the silver one! I agree the box was a bit lazy didn't seem as sharp as the vw dsg's I've driven. Gorgeous car though. I'm still very iffy on spending R300k on a car though.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Engines are damn strong. Ask Johadri to check if that's the latest mapping on the box. Software on tct boxes gets revised regularly.

I cant fault it on my GQV and owned two MA engines and loved them dearly.

·
Registered
454 Posts
while my car was blomming at Sandown CC for a few months, 1 or 2 GMA's came in for turbo replacements under warranty.

i do love that tct though

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to look at the white 159 TBi at William hunt randburg too. Going for R190k and only done 16000km.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I love the Giulietta TCT, but they are still very expensive. For R289k, there are a lot of GQVs. I went to see the 159 too in Randburg, just that I have seen 159TI for less. Just that mileage is higher than 16000km.

And I am also looking for a white Giulietta TCT too

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How many more than 16000km?? It looks sexy in white. I'd prefer an auto box but it's tough to justify spending 289000k on a car that's already lost nearly 100k of value and will continue to do so. Plus the 3 year motor plan is irking me. How do cars that cost so much new only come with a 3yr plan. I know I can pay to extend it but why should I when bmw/mercedes/audi/vw do 5 yrs on their equivalent products.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Most of them are just around 55000kms, seen a silver one by Chatz other branch and a black one in Sandton or Randburg area. I am also looking for a white or red one. If that 159 by GM drops to R170k, then is a good buy!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
saw the silver one at Arnold Chatz Constantia Kloof, they told me it was sold, spoke to sales guy he said pending finance..
aslo looking for a 159ti 1750tbi tho.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts