Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 guilietta 1.6 Diesel, the rear drivers side window opens about 6inches when I close it fully. Bit disappointed with ***** dealer who tells me that as the car is in its 3rd year I have to pay for diagnostics in finding this fault i.e. strip door liner. Not sure if I have to pay for repair too, it seems like a sensor is adrift any ideas anyone

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Giulietta has a three year warranty. Dealer is talking rubbish. If the warranty is like any other car I've owned, the dealer will charge Alfa for diagnostics then apply for approval for replacement parts. Charging you is just them being thoroughly lazy. The third year warranty is often a "dealer" warranty. Alfa should still cover any non wear and tear issues but dealers have to put in more effort to get paid and yours is taking the faster and unethical way out IMO. Read the small print first but, unless Alfa warranties are archaic compared to everyone elses, you should not be paying for anything.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
open the window fully, and keep your finger on the button for an extra few seconds when it's down. then make the window go up and keep your finger on the button for another few seconds again.

This willlearn the window computer where the limits are for the automatic opening and closing are, which is what seems to be the problem here: the computer thinks there's an obstruction (usually a body part) and opens the window again

·
Registered
192 Posts
open the window fully, and keep your finger on the button for an extra few seconds when it's down. then make the window go up and keep your finger on the button for another few seconds again.

This willlearn the window computer where the limits are for the automatic opening and closing are, which is what seems to be the problem here: the computer thinks there's an obstruction (usually a body part) and opens the window again
Interesting....I think I'll insert a "body part" through the window and test that out :cheese:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts