Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased Collezione 1.4 petrol trying to find out if it's 120bhp or 170bhp. Engine cover says Turbo Benzina. Does not say Multi air.
120 or 170??

·
Registered
36,839 Posts
What did you tell your insurance company?
If you go onto a website like that it'll tell you from the registration.

·
Registered
38,691 Posts
Is there not a sticker on the inside of the drivers door near the catch?

·
Registered
52 Posts
How do you buy a car thinking you may or not get an extra 50 bhp? Insurance etc must also be a part of that decision?
I knew exactly what I was buying right car right colour right price owned it two years now and never fails to dissappoint.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I knew exactly what I was buying right car right colour right price owned it two years now and never fails to dissappoint.
If it was a multi air it would say it on the engine cover as the original poster says it says turbo benzina it's a 120bhp as does mine

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
What did you tell your insurance company?
If you go onto a website like that it'll tell you from the registration.
Not always true.
I only found out on renewal this year that the RAC Insurance thought my Multiair was 120 not 170 ie not a Multiair. Other insurer's websites got it right.

And I know I should have check the documentation when I originally insured it but you trust them to get it right don't you?

·
AO Traders
604 Posts
Hi,
Whilst the data bases the insurance industry use that run of vehicle registration numbers are fairly accurate they are certainly not infallible so I would always recommended double checking the full model description of vehicle with your insurer just to make sure it's 100% correct.
Regards,
Dan.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi,
Whilst the data bases the insurance industry use that run of vehicle registration numbers are fairly accurate they are certainly not infallible so I would always recommended double checking the full model description of vehicle with your insurer just to make sure it's 100% correct.
Regards,
Dan.
Thanks Dan Insurance company have confirmed it's 120bhp

·
Premium Member
5,395 Posts
No sticker i'm afraid but confirmed it's a 120bhp non multi air
I wouldn't be afraid its a 120, its a really good engine. They come out of the factory at 135bhp & the torque figure is more than that quoted too - its much closer to the multi air figure. What makes a difference to the acceleration figures is that it is lower geared, so there's one more gear change to 62mph. I had mine remapped to 170bhp & 320Nm but to be honest it spoilt it. It was much nicer without!

·
Premium Member
5,395 Posts
Oh, I forgot to add, Multiair makes a bit more torque right at the bottom of the rev range (compensated for by the lower gearing in the tb), and more power above 4750rpm, so unless you are using maximum revs an awful lot, there's little difference between the two.

Reactions: cue2
1 - 16 of 16 Posts