Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I've just returned from test driving both a guilia veloce and a 124 abarth. My pcp on the Guilietta qv is up shortly. Which should I buy? I'm an alfa man normally but there is no spider I m the range currently. In terms of excitement, the abarth wins, might also be cheaper to run as well. But then again the Guilia is a great looking car, and a bit faster. I got the tail out round a corner in the Guilia too. 馃ぃCome on guys what's your advice?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Registered
I've sat in a 124 abarth. I'm not tall at 5' 11' and felt cramped for the 5 minutes I sat in it. Horses for courses, if your a short a* and only do local driving then go for it, but if a daily and motorway driving then Giulia FTW.

Registered
I'm 6' and after spending 2 days with the 124 Abart, I think it's ok for daily use even though it's obviously not a spacious car.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
I've sat in a 124 abarth. I'm not tall at 5' 11' and felt cramped for the 5 minutes I sat in it. Horses for courses, if your a short a* and only do local driving then go for it, but if a daily and motorway driving then Giulia FTW.
I'm a short man. But I do drive 100 miles a day to and from work. The alfa salesman said his mate just bought and abarth and he does more miles than me

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Registered
Agreed with last comment. If you can afford Abarth beside Giulia then yes, if not, I would buy Giulia. Abarth is really great looking car, but for me, Giulia is better all round car.

Registered
Depends on perceptions. 4 door saloon - old man鈥檚 car.

Abarth 124 Spider - young & fun.

Unless you need the additional seats, go for the fun option.

Registered
Personal opinion I suppose yes. I always regarded small roadsters like MX5 or 124 as young ladies cars or retirees play things. Each to their own.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Registered
2020, Giulia Veloce, Silverstone Grey and Black Leather
It's a bit Apples & Oranges.
Hi
Yes indeed apples an oranges.

The Giulia is definitely not an old mans car- whatever that is? Maybe a 1.6 diesel Golf, but a 280bhp Veloce, I don't think so. I own a Veloce and its just great, fun included.

I have driven a 124 Abarth-and yes loads of fun. The Giulia, however is a 4/5 seat sports saloon (showing my age should it be sedan?), whereas the 124 is a cracking 2 seater sports car (I would like both)

Its all down to personal needs - but you cannot make a meaningful comparison between these two cars- apples and oranges !!

Cheers

Registered
By virtue of price alone a Golf will be driven by a younger person and a hatchback is much more youthful than the three-box format anyway. There are certainly some good deals to be had on the Abarth. It's probably more sort after as a used car for younger people as it's pretty useless for most people. I had a look at one but felt a bit odd with a salesman sitting next to me on the road test!

Registered
I am 6 weeks in to Veloce ownership. It鈥檚 actually a cross country RWD weapon, bags of seemless torque for a 4 pot and will take in anything up to 340 BM 6 cylinder equivalent on twisty roads as well as off the line. The only thing past it is the heavy hitting QF but that鈥檚 nearmy double the money. The 124 for me is in a market where yes I鈥檇 have one over a mx5 just to be different but would rather go 2nd hand her a Busso 147 of GT 3.2 and enjoy proper Italian 6 pot noise with linear power and save your money but that鈥檚 just me! 馃榾馃槑

1 - 20 of 81 Posts