Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, looking for a bit of help. I have a March 2019 Quad that I recently had remapped and a Milltek exhaust system fitted. I was keen to find out what this had increased the Bhp to so I booked it into a local tuners to put on their 4 wheel dyno.
Unfortunately they couldn’t get it to work. They interrogated the ecu but all to no avail. I have read few posts that suggest Alfa make it very difficult to get dyno results. I have a SGW bypass and have been able to disable the annoying lock beeps but I have no idea if there is a setting somewhere to allow dyno testing.
All very frustrating. any views or help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
There are some posts on how the Giulia's systems can be overcome to do dynotesting. I forget when they were raised. A search should find them.

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
Do you have MES ?

Taken from another site, but it seems to work just fine.

"Connect to your car with MES and go into your ABS module using the grey adapter and an OBDII adapter. Go to "(F7)Adjustments" tab and select "Roll-Bench/Dyno mode". Then select "(F10)Execute"->"Y"->"Active, X key cycles"->"okay"->"Y". (X being the desired number of key cycles before it leaves dyno mode by itself)

To manually turn it off : Go to "(F7)Adjustments" tab and select "Roll-Bench/Dyno mode". Then select "(F10)Execute"->"Y"->"Not Active"->"okay"->"Y". "

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
It is extremely hard to dyno test the Giulia unless you turn dyno/bench mode on using either Witech2 (official FCA tool) or Multiecuscan . I use MES 4.5 Multiplex which cost about 200 Euros and if you have SGW bypass installed, you can use MES to reset CEL codes, service reset and interrogate various parameters, more in the 2.0 engine than the 2.9. You can download a free version and run the simulated mode without any cables or connecting to any car to see what features are working for the 2.9 engine. The process for enabling dyno mode is as described in the post above .

@Jez Miles , who remapped your Qf? And whereabouts are you maybe I can suggest one of the Alfa independents who can help alternatively.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I'm also interested to find out how you disabled the lock beeps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts