Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What are you guys paying for insurance on your 2.0 TB Supers? Mature driver, 9yrs NCB, business use plus one additional driver. My renewal is £539. Up £77 from last year, wifes car has come down.

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
A lot less.
Think there has been another thread somewhere, might have been on Veloce’s in particular.
Mine is £375.00 mature, business use, 15k a year, decent post code, but only three NCB as they wouldn’t count 7 claim free years in a company car before that.
Mines through AROC, Chris Knott.

It’s slightly more than my Skoda Yeti was, but not much.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Just renewed my insurance and it was £627

It would have been £427 but I had my motorbike stolen last year so they upped it by £200 even though the motorbike claim was with a different company :shocked:

I still think the £427 is steep for a 2.2 diesel as it was £377 last year for an M4

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Mine changes over at midnight tonight £342 with Esure, protected NCB, decent post code, dashcam fitted, 19” alloys and spoiler declared.

Admiral wanted £827 as part of a multi-car policy that amounted to £1850 for 3 vehicles ... I’ve just renewed them all separately for less than £900 ... really don’t know where they get their figures from, when I phoned up to cancel the chap asked me if I wanted to add my buildings and contents ... yeah right, oh and here’s my PIN number too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
matty, Admiral only wanted to charge me £408.

I have now got a better quote from my broker, £387 with the excess going from £300 to £400, jeez! I'm going to give Chris Knott a call tomorrow, they insure my classic.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
matty, Admiral only wanted to charge me £408.

I have now got a better quote from my broker, £387 with the excess going from £300 to £400, jeez! I'm going to give Chris Knott a call tomorrow, they insure my classic.

When I changed over from Brera to Giulia in October, the monthly went up £25 with 4 months to run (that always happens, it never goes down) ... then
when I added my truck to the last 3 months of the policy it shot up another £55 but I wanted to keep all 3 vehicles renewing at the same time.

I’d done a quote prior to picking up the Giulia and it was around the figure you quoted, so I was happy with that.

I think they’ve just multiplied my last monthly payment by 11 and crossed their fingers that I miss the auto renewal. Probably to help fund another one of their sh*t adverts.

Anyway all sorted now

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
Mine was ~£310 last year with £400 excess.

This year on renewal via a comparison site it has increased slightly to £335 including interest of ~£20 for paying monthly. £180 excess.

Personal use inc. commute to work, 10k miles p.a, Max NCB , Decent post code, Parked on private drive, missus as named driver with 1 claim - an idiot smashed into her car when parked.

·
Registered
66 Posts
2.0 TB Super

Just had my renewal notice in from LV at £246. Probably quite low because we are both retired with max NCB and have it down for only 5k miles p.a. Also £450 total excess.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine is part of our Aviva multicar policy. When I got the car the additional premium was only £213. 8k miles per year, £300 excess.

Forgot to add that is for a Veloce.

·
Registered
91 Posts
What are you guys paying for insurance on your 2.0 TB Supers? Mature driver, 9yrs NCB, business use plus one additional driver. My renewal is £539. Up £77 from last year, wifes car has come down.
That seems high? It's not far off my veloce and my cirumstances probably make me much more expensive.

I'm paying £670 a year but 23 yo with 2 years NCB. Most people wouldn't even insure me to begin with because I'm apparently not 'experienced' enough to own a Veloce!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Around 419, 44 years old, 16k per annum, business use.

I really suggest going via a broker, flux or another. They routinely save me hundreds a year and usually get me far better cover as well.

(My mgbgt is on 3k per annum, including business and costs me ..... 90 quid!)

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The best I have been quoted now is from CK at £343 with LV! It started out at £323 but £20 was added for a no fault claim, I just dont understand the logic of that.

Sorry Dan, after the incompetence of your admin team with my agreed value on my classic last year, no thank you!

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
Yea tell me about it, the logic of no fault claims! Someone smashed into the back on my wife's car parked on the side of a road 3 years ago and wrote it off. The other insurer accepted full liability and dealt with the whole claim without involving my insurer at all. So effectively I did not make any claim. But I still have to declare it on all our car policies for 5 years and get penalised every year for it. Just a quick quote check without claims and with no fault claims shows the difference. In fact as soon as you declare any claim, fault or not, some insurers who were otherwise cheaper disappear from the list!! Won't affect your premium my foot! Adrian Flux was nearly double the price for me.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm now with Sainsbury's but there were a few to choose from below the £300 mark. Good history and a good location must help, I guess.
Insurance now sorted, but lets just recap.....

Previous local broker - LV policy £387.12
Chris Knot - LV policy £341.40
Sainsbury - LV policy £306.00!!

Nermal, you must live in one of the posher, or less populated parts of Yorkshire. I think though the volume of traffic down here has an affect.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts