Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a pretty simple question, and the answer is probably that I'm a moron.

So I realise that Alfa released the Collezione, seemingly in the colours of white, black, grey and red.

For example, here is an (overpriced) Collezione in the white with typical turbine alloys
Alfa Romeo 147 1.6 T.Spark Collezione 5dr

Or this one in red:
Used cars - Find a used car on Auto Trader

Or you can have this combination:
ALFA ROMEO 147 1.6 T.Spark Collezione 5dr Hatchback for sale in Whitchurch, Hampshire | Auto Trader

Now there is a review on this car:
2007 *****-Romeo 147 Collezione Limited Edition | car review @ Top Speed

Which, notably states:
Option 1: Alfa Red exterior and Black leather interior
Option 2: Stromboli Grey exterior and Black Leather interior,
Option 3: Carbonio Black exterior and Natural Leather interior

The 2008 version+ is the one which is (can be) white.

I am confused however. Mine is a 2007, which puts it in the range of the Collezione. Indeed, mine is a Collezione according to Alfa Romeo, Fiat and the DVLA; with the apparently "exclusive" alloy wheels.

But as you may notice, mine is Monte Carlo blue, with a cream two-tone leather interior.

I don't understand. :cry:

Could someone please help me resolve my stupidity?

Do I just have a parts bin special? :confused:
Are there multiple versions of the Collezione spec (Collezione / Collezione Limited Edition / Collezione 2008+)? :confused:

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Believe there are multiple versions.
I wouldn't worry too much. If you like it and the combination of what ever then that's all that matters.

New models and marketing come up with all sorts to shift units. The main thing is you get the :-
A) Engine you want
B) Individual spec you want

There's been that many models and limited editions to shift units. Let alone anyone changing things from OEM anyway its a pointless exercise unless buying new.

From Turismo / Lusso / Collezone / Ducati Corse / Ti etc etc. T.Spark, Sportivo & Lusso
156 - Sports packs 1-3 / Turismo / Lusso / Veloce / Ti blah blah blah

Comfort packs / Winter packs / Isofix seats

The lists are endless.

I honestly think Alfa really do just fish whatever they have lying about at the time and come up with something.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
There were a variety of specials in the last years of 147 production, with loads of names (Collezione, Quadrifolgio Verde, Ducati Corse, Monza, Blackline, Sportivo etc) a lot of them werent available in the UK. And there are differences - in Japan and Holland Ducati Corses were 2.0 TS engined and in some countries there was a Quadrifoglio Orio, for instance.

Some that werent available in the UK were available in Ireland and its possible that yours is an Irish spec one. Under EU law you can order a right hand drive version from another EU country, this may also be a reason for it - I know back when Autolusso sold new cars they sold some right hand drive spec cars that werent actually available here and they sold some 147 Blacklines, yours maybe one of them and because it wasnt officially a UK spec car the DVLA just named it after a special edition that was available here.

Edit: As yours has the two tone interior, pretty sure its a Blackline and the DVLA just put Collezione on the V5 cos Blackline 147s werent officially imported.

·
Vendor
7,045 Posts
There were a variety of specials in the last years of 147 production, with loads of names (Collezione, Quadrifolgio Verde, Ducati Corse, Monxa, Blackline, Sportivo etc) a lot of them werent available in the UK. And there are differences - in Japan and Holland Ducati Corses were 2.0 TS engined and in some countries there was a Quadrifoglio Orio, for instance.

Some that werent available in the UK were available in Ireland and its possible that yours is an Irish spec one. Under EU law you can order a right hand drive version from another EU country, this may also be a reason for it - I know back when Autolusso sold new cars they sold some right hand drive spec cars that werent actually available here and they sold some 147 Blacklines, yours maybe one of them and because it wasnt officially a UK spec car the DVLA just named it after a special edition that was available here.

Edit: As yours has the two tone interior, pretty sure its a Blackline and the DVLA just put Collezione on the V5 cos Blackline 147s werent officially imported.
Yes that is correct when we were importing cars we could buy limited edition cars that were not available in the UK, there were some weird and wonderful options

Attached is a picture of one of the leather trimmed seats we offered

Most people wanted normal UK spec car but we did bring in a few odd ones

To the OP if your car has a KX number plate it will be one we supplied

Ned

Attachments

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes that is correct when we were importing cars we could buy limited edition cars that were not available in the UK, there were some weird and wonderful options

Attached is a picture of one of the leather trimmed seats we offered

Most people wanted normal UK spec car but we did bring in a few odd ones

To the OP if your car has a KX number plate it will be one we supplied

Ned
Ah okay!

Thanks.

Mine is FH number plate. It's not as exotic looking as that, but those seats look lovely.

Thanks for all the input guys, I think I have a parts bin special. Somewhere between a Blackline and a Collezione. My seats are two tone cream, but are normal looking seats for the 147.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
All 147 Blacklines I ve seen have seats like yours - ie two tone and "normal", yours is a Blackline.

The picture Autolusso posted is of the Murphy&Nye special edition (forgot to mention that one before!) which had TI type seats.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All 147 Blacklines I ve seen have seats like yours - ie two tone and "normal", yours is a Blackline.

The picture Autolusso posted is of the Murphy&Nye special edition (forgot to mention that one before!) which had TI type seats.
So many different versions. :eek:

I seem to have a Blackline that they forgot to paint the roof black. :lol:

·
Administrator
88,014 Posts
I'd say yours is a Collezione David.

The Collezione was available here :Irish: with 2 tone cream leather.
I'll upload part of a brochure for the 2nd generation or Collezione II later.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd say yours is a Collezione David.

The Collezione was available here :Irish: with 2 tone cream leather.
I'll upload part of a brochure for the 2nd generation or Collezione II later.
Doh!

That makes sense too!

I have an :ireland: 147. :lol:

:thumbup: Thanks!

·
Vendor
7,045 Posts
Ah okay!

Thanks.

Mine is FH number plate. It's not as exotic looking as that, but those seats look lovely.

Thanks for all the input guys, I think I have a parts bin special. Somewhere between a Blackline and a Collezione. My seats are two tone cream, but are normal looking seats for the 147.
What is the reg number?

Ned

·
Administrator
88,014 Posts

·
Administrator
88,014 Posts
Irish 147 Collezione brochure, printed November 2006

Alfa 147 Collezione brochure Nov 2006 Ireland 006.jpg

It does say that 2 tone beige leather isn't available with Montecarlo Blue, but specs change all the time so I wouldn't take much notice of that ;)

·
Administrator
88,014 Posts

·
Administrator
88,014 Posts
Irish 147 Monza / Collezione (II) brochure, printed November 2007

Alfa 147 Monza Collezione brochure Nov 2007 Ireland 006.jpg

I didn't bother uploading the Monza pages, if anyone wants to see them let me know.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks David!

Looks like I have something close to the Collezione, but not quite as you say.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Irish 147 Collezione brochure, printed November 2006

View attachment 608065

It does say that 2 tone beige leather isn't available with Montecarlo Blue, but specs change all the time so I wouldn't take much notice of that ;)
But it does say that black/cream is an option and I think his is black/cream,.

Irish 147 Monza / Collezione (II) brochure, printed November 2007

View attachment 608121

I didn't bother uploading the Monza pages, if anyone wants to see them let me know.
I ll have a butchers if you can still be bothered to upload them.

Thanks David!

Looks like I have something close to the Collezione, but not quite as you say.
Looks to me like its deffo a Collezione II, what makes you think its "something like" one David ?

·
Administrator
88,014 Posts
But it does say that black/cream is an option and I think his is black/cream,.

I ll have a butchers if you can still be bothered to upload them.

Looks to me like its deffo a Collezione II, what makes you think its "something like" one Davud ?

David WB's is cream/cream.

I'll scan it tomorrow & upload.

It's a Collezione, the Collezione II has the turbine wheels ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts