Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
If you want to be totally original then 2.5 but Ive had both and the 3.0 is what it should have had from the begining cos once youve driven one with the 3.0 theres no going back it has so much more torque
Ive heard say that the 2.5 sounds sweeter and revs quicker but my current gtv6 has a 3.0 in and i cant tell the difference in sound at all but the engine is far quicker and revs just as easily
In fact the 3.0 developes more talk at 1500rpm than the 2.5 does throughout its entire range

I went for a 75 12 valve engine one out one in ,straight in just plug in and play i fitted it myself
and ran it for years.Its now in storage as i had a mishap in it last year

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Have you got a 3.0 spare or know where there is one then buy it then ig you have any oroblems with your 2.5 then change them over. That way you can run your 2.5 and spend your time ma'ing sure your spare 3.0 is clean and sorted ready for the transplant
There's loads of info on a dedicated gtv6 website called Gabinete Tecnico Seis Uves, C.B.. There you will find some really useful info and those guys really know there stuff
Also the eagerly awaited jim kartalamakis book is available ,I got mine from ebay,will tell you all you need too know about the busso v6

·
Registered
1,226 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
If you have the money get a 3 litre it will be worth it, a 3.0 gearbox may help too, my main priority on these cars are the bodywork and rust not the engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts