Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to lock the doors of a GTV6 year 2000 from inside. This seems silly to ask and is probably completely obvious but I cant lock them.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It wont allow me to do that. But if that is how you do it then they must be jammed in some way. It looks fine from outsde.

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,322 Posts
Have you had either of the door cards off recently ?

If the Bowden cable that connects to the interior handle is slightly mis placed this can cause all sorts of lock problems.

Also check the actual locks are not stiff, sometimes just a dose of WD 40 around the lock barrel and into the key hole of the lock itself can cure this sort of thing.

This happens a fair bit in the winter when the locks freeze, a problem with a frozen lock on one side will certainly affect the other side.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Yea, Nige door cards do we love them, or don't we ?:lol:

K30 RP when you push either door pin down have
tried to hold them down a few sec. when they are pushing back ?

:)

·
16,322 Posts
Yea, Nige door cards do we love them, or don't we ?:lol:

K30 RP when you push either door pin down have
tried to hold them down a few sec. when they are pushing back ?

:lol:Oh yes TB, thinking of taking it up as a hobby, marginally better than poking my eyes with sharp sticks ! :eek:

Almost chickened out yesterday as the car was in at a well known indys for the cambelt job. The drivers window still needs adjusting so as I was leaving in the loan car I casually said " Oh, if you have time can you adjust the drivers window, so long as it doesn't cost much ! "

Well it wasn't done as the estimated cost was about £120 so it looks like I'll be digging out the kneepads again soon ! :(

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I take it the car locks OK from outside? I would remove one door card and see if it all works properly, if it still doesn't I'd take the other door card off and try again.If it locks properly from outside and in with the door cards off it will prove one of the door cards was trapping the cable. As Nige siggests, try WD40 first though...

·
16,322 Posts
Nothing is as nice as a good DIY. :p

Not sure about this anymore, I quite enjoy being lazy ! :p

The wallet isn't as keen. :D

·
16,322 Posts

·
16,322 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok - I hate to say I have now resolved this problem by pressing a little harder on the door pins. Still a little stiff but all working ok.
:eek:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts