Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

Has anyone modified their GTV6s' air filter?
If so did it make a difference to the throttle response or power?
What is the best way to go about it? Just replace the filter or change the entire air filter box etc?

Thanks

Chris:)

·
Registered
873 Posts
Hi Chris,
My 90 runs a K&N and has the same engine as the GTV6. Throttle response is improved by a very marginal extent but the car seems to breathe better at the top end of the rev range and is slightly faster although with cars of this age you would probably find the same level of variation between different standard cars.

My race GTV6 is more highly modified so the air filter is a small part of the whole. However both cars have had the air boxes removed so that has to be the way to go I think.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Thinking about it, are you looking specifically for better throttle response or more power? If the latter it might be worth using an injector cleaner and getting the standard set up to the best possible standard before starting to modify. My road going GTV6 and 90 project both run standard air filters and go fine for the use they get.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am looking for throttle response more so than power as It seems to be a little unresponsive on the blip when I downshift.
I think you're right, it could be any number of adjustments to the standard setup that are causing the problem so I'll sort the basics before I change the filter...
Does a high flow filter improve the exhaust note?

Thanks mate.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have an induction kit from Greg Gordon in US. This does away with the main intake hose and replaces with large silicone hose. The induction noise quite a bit louder and at higher RPM good throttle reponse. If your throttle response poor maybe the tension in the AFM spring , you can alter this slightly to improve , please see link below. Go to L/jet tuneup and work thro.

http://www.hiperformancestore.com/products.htm

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I have an induction kit from Greg Gordon in US. This does away with the main intake hose and replaces with large silicone hose. The induction noise quite a bit louder and at higher RPM good throttle reponse. If your throttle response poor maybe the tension in the AFM spring , you can alter this slightly to improve , please see link below. Go to L/jet tuneup and work thro.

http://www.hiperformancestore.com/products.htm
Top post alfaretta, good link

am taking my printout to the garage right now to make this silly car go properly once and for all..... ok for a bit anyway :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts