Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody knows where I can find any documentation on the conversion. In South Africa they build some of these in the 80's.

·
AO Silver Member, Classic Alfas Lounge Winner 09
1,315 Posts
The 3 litre engine from a 75 is a straight forward swap.

South African 3-litre cars ran on carbs and these engines will be very rare here (assuming you're in the UK).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know it's a swap, but, here in Denmark, I need a lot of documentation on the swap. Is it legal (from AR), how about the strength of the chassis etc. Has it been done anywhere, besides SA, with approval from the authorities?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im pretty sure, you need the computer from the donorcar. If you get the new engine from the 75, then you need the computer from the 75 as well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Guys,

The 75 3.0 litre fits straight in, I have a 3.0 in my GTV6. No need to re set or change anything I used the L Jetronic from my 2.5 and original ECU and afm. You can use the motronic from the 3.0 litre but this has a rev limiter at 6300 whereas the 2.5 l -jet on mine does not.
Transplant simple just bolt in and off you go (quite a bit faster!) Follow this hyperlink to web site where topic discussed in detail .
http://www.alfagtv6.com/

·
Registered
10 Posts
The engine runs fine on the GTV6 ECU but in reality there might be some slight benefits from runnning on the proper 3.0 ECU since the injectors are different etc. I have also done the swap and my car is for sale. Check out the for sale section for details.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Dawie De Villiers and Sampie Bosman, they were the guys who built the 200 3.0L GTV's. Dawie is still building and selling engines for customers worldwide. I've seen a 1985 GTV6 with a 24V 3.7L engine which Dawie did ... an absolute animal. Dawie's company is "Glenwood Motors", see http://www.glenwoodmotors.co.za/

Hope it helps

1 - 8 of 8 Posts