Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone

I recently had the valves replaced after the cam belt failed. When i had finished re-building her she started first time and sounded great.

I left it for a couple of days and now she wont start everthing is turning over etc. any ideas please???? :cry:

J

·
0 Posts
so the engine is turning over, how long was it running for before it was switched off?

Do you have a spark at the plugs?

Do you have fuel supply?

is the Code light going out when the engine is being cranked over?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes the code light is going out, am going to check th spark and fuel later today, but i can hear the fuel oump start and smell the petrol so suspect their is fuel goig through, Had her running for about two hours first of all. then restarted het about 3 hours after that and took it for a gentle drive and was performing fantastically. All in all she was running for a good five to six hours!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
have checked the sparking of the plugs and it apeers to br intermitent, more not sparking than sparking?

can any one help

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh the sensoe or the exhaust cam shaft yes am with you now can they be tested do you know, it looked ok when i refited it

J

·
0 Posts
you have said that you can hear the pump starting up, but are the plugs getting wet?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That is a very good question have not check will have a look over the weekend, i suspect it is still something on the ignition side mind you since the sparking is intermitent.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts