Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
The Other Half has noticed a relay chattering below and right of the streering wheel. The hand book mentions eight relays but none of them seem to be a likely culprit being light, door and horn related. Am I missing something and has anyone had a similar experience?

She has also lost the ABS light at start up as highlighted by our mechanic freind but he can't find the 10A fuse mentioned in the book. Is it really that hard to spot? The last time I crawled in their my neck was in bits for weeks:cry:

Thanks

dodge

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,374 Posts

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
Fuse is F4. Fourth socket up on rhs of fuse tray. Note this is the 2nd fuse up as other two are vacant. However, manual states following (test J) for light not on at start up :-

Ck continuity between pin 12 of G273 and pin 3 of connector T8 and 15 on G273 and 1 on T8.
Turn key and ck earth signal at 0V for a few seconds between pin B3 and cluster C10.
Turn key ck for 0V for few seconds at pin 1 of G273.
Another ck is between pin 3 of G272 and C10.
G273 is located on N51, a control unit, as is G272 which is a smaller connector than G273.

A relay, I35, is indicated bottom rhs of fuse tray.

T8 is a diagnosis connector under dash used with the Alfa Romeo tester and C10 is the instrument cluster. Another fuse, G125a, 10A is a wander fuse not on the tray but close to it. G384 is in the boot as is G125b
Does your mechanic have access to a manual?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fuse is F4. Fourth socket up on rhs of fuse tray. Note this is the 2nd fuse up as other two are vacant. However, manual states following (test J) for light not on at start up :-

Ck continuity between pin 12 of G273 and pin 3 of connector T8 and 15 on G273 and 1 on T8.
Turn key and ck earth signal at 0V for a few seconds between pin B3 and cluster C10.
Turn key ck for 0V for few seconds at pin 1 of G273.
Another ck is between pin 3 of G272 and C10.
G273 is located on N51, a control unit, as is G272 which is a smaller connector than G273.

A relay, I35, is indicated bottom rhs of fuse tray.

T8 is a diagnosis connector under dash used with the Alfa Romeo tester and C10 is the instrument cluster. Another fuse, G125a, 10A is a wander fuse not on the tray but close to it. G384 is in the boot as is G125b
Does your mechanic have access to a manual?
Thanks for so much info.

F4 does seem to relate to ABS in the hand book as well as door/alarm, power windows etc. It says its 20A in our book page 178.

On page 180 it refures to "fuses & relays on the auxiliary bracket". Here is says there is an "ABS system fuse (10A).

What does "Wander" mean exactly and could this be the fuse you mention?

I don't think our mechanics will have a manual exactly but I don't know if he has access to such info if he needs it. He has his own business and workshops and is very good with our cars.

I hear there are manuals on disc on ebay that i will have a look fo in a mo. Perhaps this will help and give me more info to be able to do more myself.

Thanks again

dodge:thumbs:

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
Wander fuse means that it is on a separate holder and not the main tray. Discs are fine, I've one but prefer to use hard copy version I bought some time ago.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
The AR CD I have, gives me a headache! Bring back printed versions! I have to go further and say, the Alfa CD is nowhere near as easy to use as the other CD I have for another Marque. This other marques disc is far easier to use, and far more useful, with it's in depth information and explanations.:):

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah the disc is quite busy and I can see it will take some getting around.

Hard copy manual sounds expensive, but I think the CD will help in locating the items armoore suggested for checking.

If it ever stops raining I can get stuck in.

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts