Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a couple of places on my windscreen that don't look like 'traditional delamination' so not a cloudy patch but I'm struggling to think what else these two patches could be. They're at the top and bottom of the screen on the same side.

Are GTV windscreens known for this? Is it repairable or a new windscreen job? Are new GTV windscreens even possible to get hold of these days? Thanks for your advice.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
delamination some way in from the edge ??/ that is strange, I had a replacement 6 years ago but no idea if they are easily available

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
delamination some way in from the edge ??/ that is strange, I had a replacement 6 years ago but no idea if they are easily available
That's what I thought. Not convinced it is delamination. Why did you have to replace yours and where did you source it from?

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
That's what I thought. Not convinced it is delamination. Why did you have to replace yours and where did you source it from?
I had mine done through insurance, Paid the £70 excess and had it new, I had damage from a large brick

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
From the way the top one has a nice curve could it be the adhesive/sealant between the screen and body is at fault?

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
Possibly. Only a guess. Perhaps a windscreen fitter could advise as they may have seen it before.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts