Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two GTV's taken in Marbella (jet set coast of Spain). The giallo being a GTV6 belonging to an Italian friend and the GTV twinnie belonging to me. :D

Photo's taken by Alberto, a fellow Alfisti (owns a fabulous rosso Alfasud).

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Next time you're down, let me know! I live on the other coast but Marbella is only 60... I mean 90 minutes away. :)

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Probably next summer now, but who knows, ill let you know. Off to rally Catalunya next month, but i think that is a long way from you??

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
About 2500 kms there and back! :) I have done Pamplona and back in one weekend for an Alfa meet. That was a 2000 km round trip in the 164. Great drive, some great roads although a lot more radars these days...

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Nice.......... but just a shame that even that beautiful red TSpark GTV seems to be suffering from 'front bumper droop' syndrome going by the uneven bonnet/bumper shut line. Those weakening front bumper support brackets really did need to be strengthened when they were still making them.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice.......... but just a shame that even that beautiful red TSpark GTV seems to be suffering from 'front bumper droop' syndrome going by the uneven bonnet/bumper shut line. Those weakening front bumper support brackets really did need to be strengthened when they were still making them.
Is that what that is!!! :eek: I thought it was just a rubbish shut line on the gtv... :rolleyes:

Considering cars don't even get rusty here, they must be seriously crappy supports. I'm suprised UK cars even last a couple of winters without the things falling off!

Thanks for the info anyway, something else I need to do! :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Is that what that is!!! :eek: I thought it was just a rubbish shut line on the gtv... :rolleyes:

Considering cars don't even get rusty here, they must be seriously crappy supports. I'm suprised UK cars even last a couple of winters without the things falling off!

Thanks for the info anyway, something else I need to do! :thumbs:
No probs mate - the support brackets weaken over time and there is usually insufficient adjustment in the brackets themselves to rectify the gap. You have to elongate the existing slots using a drill the same width as the slot to allow you to effectively lift the bumper further up the slot.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts