Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. wounder if anyone can help me. i need to replace the 1st 3 coils on the cylinders but i am not able to locate the spark plugs. has anyone got a picture/diagramme of where they are located?
thanks

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
If you have a look at My Site you can have a look at a coil pack swap I did on my 164. Similar set up so should help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys. got the Coil leads cheap. just another question lol.i had the car put on a computer and it said it was coil 1,2,3 how do i work out what 1,2,3 is? i unplugged the 3 at the front of the engine and started the car and it still worked so would that indicate it was them?
thanks

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
i unplugged the 3 at the front of the engine and started the car and it still worked so would that indicate it was them?
thanks
If the car ran the same way as it did before (I'm guessing terrible :lol:) then you have disconnected the malfunctioning leads :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Very weird, perhaps it was telling you 1,2 and 3 are OK? 1, 2 and 3 are the rear bank from left to right and 4, 5 and 6 being the front 3 from left to right. Firing order is 1, 4, 2, 5, 3 and 6 so if you loose 1, 2 and 3 you get a misfire every other 'beat'. Would sound like crap basically and would vibrate something nasty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very weird, perhaps it was telling you 1,2 and 3 are OK? 1, 2 and 3 are the rear bank from left to right and 4, 5 and 6 being the front 3 from left to right. Firing order is 1, 4, 2, 5, 3 and 6 so if you loose 1, 2 and 3 you get a misfire every other 'beat'. Would sound like crap basically and would vibrate something nasty.
You guys are good at this can tell you have an alfa :)
also wen i plugged it in it said throttle position cable or something faulty? what could that be?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
You guys are good at this can tell you have an alfa :)
also wen i plugged it in it said throttle position cable or something faulty? what could that be?
My bike carbs have a throttle position sensor, I would imagine you throttle body has something similar to calculate how much fuel needs to be injected at that opening

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My bike carbs have a throttle position sensor, I would imagine you throttle body has something similar to calculate how much fuel needs to be injected at that opening
sorry i am so dumb when it comes to things like this. so does that mean it could just be a sensor? what i really need is a work shop manuel but i am unable to find one?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
sorry i am so dumb when it comes to things like this. so does that mean it could just be a sensor? what i really need is a work shop manuel but i am unable to find one?
I'm not too sure. If it's cauing one bank of cylinders to misfire you could put that down to one throttle body sensor not working (if the car only had wo TB's). I haven't got a manual either so I don't know if the GTA has one, two, three or six throttle bodies....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts