Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm taking the car to the Ring this summer and am wondering what kind of times people have been putting in? Not looking to 'time attack' anyones figures, just wondering what people have done on tourist days. I've only done a handful of laps (7/8) in my brothers Elise which were sub nine mins, but I wouldn't expect to get near that in the GTV! But some kind of benchmark would be nice :)

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
A V6 GT driven by EVO magazine did it in 8:54.83 and a 156 GTA driven by Sport Auto did it in 8:51 dead. Can't find any times for the GTV though, but it should be pretty close, I'd guess between the GT and GTA:cool:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
reckon on at least 15 for yours Dave lol.
Thanks for that Matt! ;) but I reckon I could cycle it quicker than that! lol.

@Ian, thanks for that info. So the mags are getting around in about 9 mins on a closed track.... hmmm food for thought.....go faster in a Lotus or enjoy the soundtrack of a V6 for a bit longer....decisions, decisions :thumbs:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would say it depends what is done on a gtv.
With (now almost common) mods like, q2, catless manifolds, konis or bilsteins etc... she should go under 8:30 i think.
I've seen your vids on youtube Alan and suspect you would probably try for that - You Lunatic!
:cheese:

Fine then, Ian has convinced me (and Alan worries me!), the GTV is gonna get abused this summer lol.

·
Vendor
46,444 Posts
I would say it depends what is done on a gtv.
With (now almost common) mods like, q2, catless manifolds, konis or bilsteins etc... she should go under 8:30 i think.
That would be going some - I'd love to see it done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts